Hacking D2Pro on PAL WII

deftones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D2Pro preinstalled, the 9 wires ones. I want to make it brick proof. Its for a kid so after i do whatever i have to do to it thats it, no more updating, etc.

Im going to give him a couple of games in the beginning, a mix of PAL and NTSC, dont ask why, i dont know which are which.

How do i make the wii as brickproof as possible?

1. Before i give it to him, i intend on updating it to the latest system upgrade, is that right?

2. then should i apply a. patch mii b. starfall c. ciOS Patchmii Port rev04?

i dont care about gc, or homebrew, i just need it to play older ntsc without him updating to wrong region and fucking it all up?

Please advise.

Also, is it predictable whether to say if ciOS Patchmii Port rev04 will then lead to problems when new system upgrades come out in 6 months, a year, whatever? or no idea? in that case, i just wanna apply the most basic shit to prevent updating from a wrong region update.

Thanks in advance.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. Before i give it to him, i intend on updating it to the latest system upgrade, is that right?

2. then should i apply a. patch mii b. starfall c. ciOS Patchmii Port rev04?
Won't be able to install Starfall if you update to the latest system upgrade. Just pointing that out.

deftones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well what should i do then?

not update to the latest firmware? then i risk having the kid update from the wrong region?

what should i do? or i do nothing at all but keep the system software up to date, so the update issue never comes up on a game?

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
I say just update to 3.3 anyways (the latest upgrade). I don't see why the kid would need Starfall at all. Don't see why he'd need anything other than the modchip (and Wad Manager maybe for some VC/WW games) unless he's a really savvy person with homebrew scenes.

deftones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to make as brickproof as possible

. so you suggest, for backup loading, just make sure system software is up to date, thats all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1