Hacking d2pro Features Announced - d2c modchip

Avenger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The d2pro website is now live with the features, as announced on the news page earlier as rumored:

QUOTE said:
Technical Specifications
Supports all D2C chipset versions, including D1A
Supports all regions, configurable via jumpers
15 wires installation (4 additional wires required for region override)
Direct boot of Wii and Gamecube original, import, and backup discs
Suberb media compability; works with most writeable DVD media, including DL, and factory made 'silvers'
Works with most 'problem' titles such as SMG and SSBB
Integrated Audiostreaming fix for GC games
Advanced error detection makes d2pro less susceptible to lockups and freezes compared to other low-wirecount chips
Fully updateable via external USB programmer
Rock solid performance with 1.5V FPGA core and high quality components

Important: d2pro is designed to modify your Wii game console. However, Wii was not designed with d2pro or any other mod chip in mind. While every effort has been taken to ensure that d2pro is compatible with a broad range of media and drives there is no guarantee that any given media or game will work on a specific drive. There are a number of factors beyond the scope of d2pro functionality that affects media compability, such as the laser diode and other internal circuitry in the dvd drive.

Source: d2pro.com

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:

I don't like the sound of that... Does that mean you would need to pull your console apart to update the chip? Or make a hole in your console's casing?

huh.gif
Why can't it use the wii's external usb slots?

If it did it would be great, not having to worry about frying your DVD reader, installing the update switch.

Edit- Oops didn't read statement properly :facepalm:. Disregard what i said
happy.gif

zidanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. But how is it any better than the D2CKey? From what I see it's about the same except that it can be upgraded in a convoluted way that is pretty much impossible to do if you got someone else to mod it for you. Still, I"m looking forward to some reviews. Anyone know when they're gonna start being sold?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Less wires + updateable. Updating shouldn't be a problem , even if you got someone else to mod it for you. Just make sure the ffc is routed to somewhere outside the case , then when it comes to updating just stick the usb programmer on the cable and go.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is, these latest types of modchips simply can not use chips that can be updated via dvd.

As people say, its not that great having a wire (or flat cable i expect) sticking out the wii. But at least people can update without openin it all up!!

How did people install their argon flat cable?

Im tempted to order a batch of D2 Pros for future installs, but need to know how most people install there argon flat cables as I expect its the same really.

I also dont think D2Pro will actually need to be updated , it seems to have got all the features as the D2ckey but works with everything including SSBB..

Avenger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes me glad I stopped offering the d2ckey. The d2pro seems okay, although DVD updates would be ideal. The wire count is getting better too. I just do not have time for all the install requests with the time these take
frown.gif

xfrostx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the d2ckey is updateable. The d2ckey TEAM can release a programmer (IF NEEDED). The pogo points on the bottom of the chip can be used. This is confirmed. As far as SSBB i am thinking it is the dump because i get the white screen error too.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
where the hell can we order d2pro! the only website i found keeps changing prices and now took the date of their website.. weird.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Talaria said:
QUOTE said:

I don't like the sound of that... Does that mean you would need to pull your console apart to update the chip? Or make a hole in your console's casing?

huh.gif
Why can't it use the wii's external usb slots?
I'm wondering about this too. Can we take out one of original usb external slot and put D2pro usb jack in there instead?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay...From what I have read, the D2Pro 9wire seems to be the best*or most popular* IF i was to buy it from ozmodchips, do you guys know what instalation kit I would require and is this one the easiest to install. (Price isn't an issue as long as I get the best one currently
tongue.gif
)
P.S. I read several times that this one is compatible with all wiis, is that true?
Thanks!
Kevin

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
You need a triwing, to open the console

You need Wires and solder

you also need a soldering iron
If you are good at sodlering, go for it
If not, a lot of people are going with the solderless solutions

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Woah...Nice to meet you sir/mame. Well, is there any difference between the soldering one and non soldering? (Price/ compatibility? I am sorry but I am not use to messing with the wii)

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
The D2Pro9 is compatible with all wiis (except D2C2 I believe, not sure)
the D2Pro19 however is only D2C, and currently lacks an update to turn it into a D2Pro9 >_> (You need to solder an additional gizmo to it to turn it into a D2Pro9)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D