Hardware D2Pro corrupted my friends system files!

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I was talking to ModChipCentral with some questions I had about the D2Pro and they said nothing would happen to my Wii I experiance the inching problem but obviously something happened.

This is what I sent him:

"Ok now I am a little mad. You told me that nothing would happen to the Wii at all. So I put it in all carefully it took me about an hour or so. So after I was done putting everything together I tried it out and it was the inching problem. I put a burned disc in the Wii and it took a little bit to get in there (inching problem) but it worked, then I put another one in there and I kept getting errors. Now this time the Wii wouldn't let me eject the disc this time, so I turned it on again and it worked for a minute or so and then I got "System Files are corrupted" I am not sure if this is another common thing with the inching problem but I heard that once you get the "System Files are corrupted" you need to send it back to Nintendo. Now this is what got me scared and mad, I am scared because the disc (Homebrew Channel Installer which worked fine on my Wii) won't come out so if I send it back to Nintendo they will see that I must have had a modchip at one time because why else would I put a burned disc in the Wii. I am mad because you told that nothing would happen to the Wii and I am not sure if I want to install another D2Pro again and my brothers friend can hopefully get his money back for this purchase from you guys, or if Nintendo won't take the Wii back or send the Wii (he has a 3 year warranty) back if we could save up a little more money (if you give us a refund) to buy one of D2B or D2C bare drives you guys sell.

I really like you guys but I am really not happy with this purchase because it might have screwed up the Wii."

I am really pissed!

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I found an inconsistency with your story;

If you spent an hour putting the modchip in yourself, then why can't you open up the wii again to fix it/take out your burned disc?

I think you may have put it together incorrectly, however

Also, I don't think the vendor can be blamed if you install the modchip incorrectly...If the modchip is found faulty it might be a different story...

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
I found an inconsistency with your story;

If you spent an hour putting the modchip in yourself, then why can't you open up the wii again to fix it/take out your burned disc?

I think you may have put it together incorrectly, however

Also, I don't think the vendor can be blamed if you install the modchip incorrectly...If the modchip is found faulty it might be a different story...
It took an hour to open up and put the chip in. I am going to open it up again tonight and take it out but the burned disc won't come out. It just blinks a bunch of nights and such and turns off. Its a WiiClip though I got it presoldered on there, so in fact it might have been his fault and he told me that the inching problem would do nothing to the Wii. He said nothing will happen to it if I got the inching problem and obviously something did happen the system files got corrupted. He isn't answering my emails either which is pissing me off a little bit too.

hate2.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D2Pros can't corrupt your system files. You probably did an update from a game that isn't your Wiis region or botched the homebrew channel install somehow (but it would be the first case that I heard of. The ModChipCentral guy told you the D2Pro wouldn't damage your Wii, not that you wouldn't damage it.
wink.gif

First of all unplug your Wiis power cord and plug it back in. After that you should be able to get the disc ejected.
Then (if you still see the health and safety screen at startup and your system menue was below 3.3) you can try to find a selfbooting unbricker disc.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
After reading your post, I have concluded you are a prime example of why Wii clips are a poor solution; people who cannot install a modchip correctly try anyway.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
After reading your post, I have concluded you are a prime example of why Wii clips are a poor solution; people who cannot install a modchip correctly try anyway.
I have never installed a chip before, and I manged to got my WiiKey working fine...second time.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
No was easy to install the chip. Nothing happened it was easy to install and get open as I have done it a couple times. I am going to take it out later to night I will update you guys. Is it bad to leave the disc in while I take it out?

Oh and I didn't update or anything or even get to install anything. It happened when I put in the Homebrew Installer disc. I didn't even get to update anything at all.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Öhm could it be that it was a selfbooting disc and that the data on it was corrupted? Otherwise that wouldn't make any sense at all...

chrishull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with my d2pro it came presoldered. I installed it and my wii would not play discs. I checked the chip and all points were presoldered for a d2c chip set i had to desolder a few pads to get them to work on my wii d2b chipset with cut pins double check to make sure your wii clip is set right for your drive chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards