Hacking D2CKey compatible with older wii's?

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have a release date wii with a wiikey installed.

I was wondering if this is the only chip out of [wiikey / D2Ckey / D2PRO] that I can have installed?

It is self-installed, and there's no problem to take it out and install the other chip if necessary.

If I want to upgrade chip, do I need a newer D2C wii?

If that is the case I can swap Wii's with my friend because she wants one modded and has a D2C unmodded Wii.

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nevermind, I found an answer on ONE place on ozmodchips. that site seemed pretty misleading. I guess I will get a D2C wii then and mod that. Does anyone know if the D2Pro (when released) will be much better / have support for it?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well the D2CKey is NOT upgradeable.
So maybe the D2Pro may be better.
And why do you want to get a D2C Wii?
They are harder to mod.
If you are so unhappy with your WiiKey get a CycloWiz V2 or a open source YOASM

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the installation difficulty is not a factor. It shouldn't be a problem.

When I first got my wiikey, I was very pleased with the hardware, and very unsatisfied with the lack of software support. It still seems to be that way. I don't know why I would go a D2CKey if they are not updatable. That leaves it not much life? I have not looked into these other chips, what are some of the pro's and cons? My only source was ozmodchips and they are soon to have D2Pro, but there is not much news on that.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the installation difficulty is not a factor. It shouldn't be a problem.

When I first got my wiikey, I was very pleased with the hardware, and very unsatisfied with the lack of software support. It still seems to be that way. I don't know why I would go a D2CKey if they are not updatable. That leaves it not much life? I have not looked into these other chips, what are some of the pro's and cons? My only source was ozmodchips and they are soon to have D2Pro, but there is not much news on that.

The power of google:

http://www.d2pro.com/

http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-news/63284-d2pro.html

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
like i said, that website D2pro doesnt give much or any info and was wondering if anyone knew anything else. simple question...

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Im asking again. Why the hell do you want a D2C modchip? They work EXACTLY like the non D2C chips.
The D2C chips only requires much more wires due to the D2C chip the be diffrent.
The only diffence may be region free pacthing but is that still worth to spend like 450$+ for?

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
$450? I can swap my wii with someone who has a D2C and only pay like $50 for a modchip. lol.

The chips are not the same, else it would play like wiikey does, and everyone seems to be waiting for a wiikey update, while D2Ckey people don't need one. I think I will wait for D2Pro.

think about it. Wiikey is 1st gen. I don't know how much life it has left in it...

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$450? I can swap my wii with someone who has a D2C and only pay like $50 for a modchip. lol.

The chips are not the same, else it would play like wiikey does, and everyone seems to be waiting for a wiikey update, while D2Ckey people don't need one. I think I will wait for D2Pro.

think about it. Wiikey is 1st gen. I don't know how much life it has left in it...

Too each their own. I think it's a pointless endeavor considering the amount of work you have to put in for a modchip that may or may not preform better then your current one. If you are concerned with product support, then I would suggest switching to a Cyclowiz. The cyclo team is very well known for supporting their products.

If the SMG update is any indication, we should see a wiikey upgrade in the next few days. But too each their own. Best of luck with your decision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also