ore0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was installing things from Cydia to set up my A1A Premium theme, and when I clicked "Confirm" my whole iPod crashed and restarted. So I tried again, installing FiveIRows and FiveColumns, and these would delete Iconoclasm. It crashed and restarted again. Now whenever I click on Cydia, the loading screen pops up (because of my theme) and then it shuts down, but only Cydia. Like my iPods still on, just Cydia closes. I tried changing my theme, and all the same thing happens.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try SSH'ing into you ipod, then navigating to /var/lib/apt/lists and deleting all the files in the "lists" folder except for the folder called “partial”, then re springing your ipod, worked for me when cydia refused to open.

ore0

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How would I SSH? I mean I know I could look up a guide, but wouldn't I need an SSHing app from Cydia, which I can't install because it won't open? Is there a way to do that with an app from the appstore?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You would need OpenSSH form Cydia. Unfortunately, if you don't have it, you're probably out of luck, and may need to restore. (If you have an iPod touch 3G, you do have the SHSH blobs backed up for restoring, right?)

Thanks to Apple's draconian App Store policy, you will not find something similar on the App Store.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From Wombo Combo's link:
QUOTE said:
Hot Tips: Install afc2dd from Cydia after Spirit Jailbreak
If ifunbox recongnize your newly Jailbroken iPhone as Jailed, please try this.
I imagine that this method requires a special file to reach root. A file only accessible with Cydia. Did you try running spirit again? (If you used spirit to jailbreak...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD