Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Huh? Forum is still alive.

It was working for me too....until today. Now everything I attempt to go to there says "this domain has expired".

TC needs to pay the server bill.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ouch...looks like CycloDS is dead.

Damn...and so close to the launch of the 3DS as well. It sucks to have to purchase a new DS cart at this point assuming we see no further updates. If they are dead, hopefully they release the source code to allow indie development.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said on the Cyclops forums..... I went through this with the DSX... same situation great cart, then updates slowed, then site dissapeared, then forums disapeared, then got new cartridge. Guess I'll have to to the same again. Probably 2 cards though since my Iedge doesn't seem to be updating anymore either.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know why everyone expects them to miraculously reappear when the 3DS is released. We have to face the fact that this is the golden era of pirating. I'm making the call. We're not going to see flashcarts for the 3DS, at least not any long term solution.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
They havent updated the beta for quite a while now.
And there so called "NEW GUI" was nothing but the text based functions put in different rows -.-.

I bet its a runner..

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This wouldn't bother me at all since hackers usually fix games before the flash cart teams do, except for damn Last Window.
mad.gif

And to be fair, it seemed the cart was dead long ago. Just look at the forums here, there was hardly any activity at all during the summer. That probably meant lower sales too so I don't see how the team could still stay alive at all.

C

Cide

Community provided support is always the best way to go. Relying on certain individuals for everything always results in situations like this
frown.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
DeMoN said:
That probably meant lower sales too so I don't see how the team could still stay alive at all.

If Team Cyclops is connected to iEdge, and iEdge obviously doesn't sell (because they can't fix 1.4.1 and some games), than this might have been a financial problem, yes.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Cide said:
Community provided support is always the best way to go. Relying on certain individuals for everything always results in situations like this
frown.gif
I dont think ANY community could provide the Cyclo DS Card a new firmware update...

C

Cide

WiiBricker said:
I dont think ANY community could provide the Cyclo DS Card a new firmware update...
They could have if they would have bothered to release their code before bolting.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Revolution [9 said:
]
Well there goes one of the cards with the best support groups. Maybe the government finally got to them?
First, it's not the government, it's Nintendo who would go after them (hate to be "that guy"). Second, if they were going after any flashcart, the CycloDS would not be the one. They were the least threatening of all, what with the lack of support and high costs.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They were the only flash cart team based outside of Asia though (in Europe, to be exact), maybe that was a reason Nintendo would go after them?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
They were the only flash cart team based outside of Asia though (in Europe, to be exact), maybe that was a reason Nintendo would go after them?
Perhaps, but all signs point to Team Cyclops finally just collapsing. It's happened time an time again that they were disappear for LOOONG stretches at a time. Either way, it doesn't matter. If they're gone, they're gone.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's still a good card in itself (for me anyway); I haven't played any new games for ages so I play the ones I have and use Moonshell now and then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again