OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Will it work well in conjunction with the R4?

2. Is any patching required to play GBA/DS games?

3. Is it any good at all? >_<

4. How good is it compared to the M3 Lite/EZ Flash 3 in 1?

5. Does the MicroSD card stay in well, and is it spring loaded?

6. If it IS spring loaded, does the spring break easily?

7. Is: http://www.fusion-consoles.com/p273/Cyclo-...c26821fe8997c30 a good price/place to buy it?

Thanks to whoever can answer these...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Will it work well in conjunction with the R4?

2. Is any patching required to play GBA/DS games?

3. Is it any good at all? >_<

4. How good is it compared to the M3 Lite/EZ Flash 3 in 1?

5. Does the MicroSD card stay in well, and is it spring loaded?

6. If it IS spring loaded, does the spring break easily?

7. Is: http://www.fusion-consoles.com/p273/Cyclo-...c26821fe8997c30 a good price/place to buy it?

Thanks to whoever can answer these...

1. Well it's the same as a Supercard, and I've heard minimal complaints about it working with the R4.
2. Yes, patching is required for both.
3. For DS, it is decent, for GBA, not so much.
4. The M3 Lite and EZ3in1 both have very large GBA compatibility (much greater than the Supercard/CycloDS Micro SD). The M3 Lite and CycloDS/Supercard both have DS support (3in1 is just a GBA expansion)
5. Supercards were spring loaded IIRC, so the CycloDS should be too
6. Can't comment on this, but it won't if you take care of it.
7. Can't comment on this.

D3FAULT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn.
sleep.gif

I mainly wanted it for GBA games...

I really don't want to spend the money on a M3 though. They are quite expensive in comparison. Are there any other good Sloy-2s with good GBA support, and extra RAM? =/

Upas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Default, It seems most of the people here don't know what they're talking about.

I'd reccomend a Cyclo-DS with An EZ Flash 3-in-1 expansion for your DS and GBA needs. No slot 2 card can play GBA games, so this is your best option.

In terms of the R4, I believe it can use the same savegames, etc. There is no need to load firmware on the card beforehand, because the CycloDS takes care of it. Its truly plug-n-play.

The CycloDS is NOT a clone. It is the first and only card to support SDHC, and now supports custom cheat codes. In my opinion, its THE best flashcart on the market, if you're willing to shell out the extra $10 over the R4.

Compared to the M3, EZ Flash, and R4, Its definitely better, and has a much better support team. If your CycloDS breaks, you'll most likely get a refund, directly from the developers (not going through a shop).

The MicroSD card slot isn't spring loaded, but its stays in very well. i've dropped my DS many times without problems.

I'm not sure about fusion-consoles, but I'd reccomend RealHotStuff. They're an excellent reseller who respond to emails.

apprt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Default, It seems most of the people here don't know what they're talking about.

I'd reccomend a Cyclo-DS with An EZ Flash 3-in-1 expansion for your DS and GBA needs. No slot 2 card can play GBA games, so this is your best option.

In terms of the R4, I believe it can use the same savegames, etc. There is no need to load firmware on the card beforehand, because the CycloDS takes care of it. Its truly plug-n-play.

The CycloDS is NOT a clone. It is the first and only card to support SDHC, and now supports custom cheat codes. In my opinion, its THE best flashcart on the market, if you're willing to shell out the extra $10 over the R4.

Compared to the M3, EZ Flash, and R4, Its definitely better, and has a much better support team. If your CycloDS breaks, you'll most likely get a refund, directly from the developers (not going through a shop).

The MicroSD card slot isn't spring loaded, but its stays in very well. i've dropped my DS many times without problems.

I'm not sure about fusion-consoles, but I'd reccomend RealHotStuff. They're an excellent reseller who respond to emails.
The OP is talking about the Slot 2 CycloDS card which is a clone of a Supercard. The CycloDS that you are talking about that supports SDHC and is not a clone is Cyclo's Slot 1 card the CycloDS Evolution. I think all of the slot 2 cards can play some amount of GBA games (M3 Pro even works for some).

To the OP, the M3 I have has a really good compatibility with GBA games but it is costly. I bought it at the time for DS games as well but now have an R4. My friend got the EZ 3-in-1 and says that it's very good so I'd recommend that option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.