Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
As posted by "Cyclotech" from the Team Cyclops Forums:
Cyclotech said:
Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, we had few issues with the web servers and further compounded by problems communicating with our host. All hosting issues have now been resolved.

The R&D is hard at work and a new firmware update should be available soon.

Best Regard
Team Cyclops - Tech Support
So glad to hear my favorite DS team is still alive! Huzzah!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God dammit. I was hoping they released a new patch or something. This is very old news.
mad.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping that they were awaiting for Golden Sun (J) to fix it before releasing a new update. As I sit here twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the promised update, I can only hope that is the reason for the long wait for the update they said was coming "soon".

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sending my Cyclo off to my bro soon, so I'm hoping there's a good update soon for him so he's not stuck with a crappy cart

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been travelling around a bit; have I got the date wrong?

This is October 28th, isn't it? Only, as everyone's said, this was already mentioned.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the forums are back, I just can NOT reply or create a new thread ever since the whole ordeal ended.

Currently, I'm getting the following error EACH time I try to reply/new thread:

Code:
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 408
Database error 
The Team Cyclops Forums database has encountered a problem.
I just don't get why i'm getting this issue, forums seem to be working OK for everyone else XD
(yes, I tried cleaning cache & deleting cookies)

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShadowSoldier said:
Berthenk said:
Zaertix said:
I'm sending my Cyclo off to my bro soon, so I'm hoping there's a good update soon for him so he's not stuck with a crappy cart
It's not a crappy cart.

That is all.

It's certainly not the best card now either.
But it's not the worst cart now either. Also, it's still got official support, which you can't say for some other carts. It's also got great compatibility without third party software.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that a card that has long since lost its official support (R4) has been updated quite a few times since the CycloDS's last update. Currently, the crusty old R4, whose official team is long gone (not to mention being the target of much ridicule), is more up to date (thanks to YWG) than the overpriced CycloDS with its "official" support. People can argue about what features this-or-that cart has that makes it better than another all they want, but game compatibility is the MOST important thing (it's all I care about really) and the CycloDS is falling way behind.

I'm beginning to think that TC is nothing more than a couple dudes, working in a basement to release firmwares and the CycloDS is very much so a secondary endeavor in their oh-so busy lives. They wait for someone else to fix the games, then steal the fixes for their own cart. I think most of what was once TeamCyclops has already cut-and-run and there's only a couple people left, and they're struggling to get anything done.

MAYBE we'll be surprised and they'll release a major update with all kinds of extra goodies.
MAYBE they will finalize the new GUI and add new features.
MAYBE they have a DSi cart in the works and that's why it's taking so long to get a new FW update.

But I doubt it. Possibly the new GUI will become the main firmware in the next update, but I think all that will really happen is just game fixes and possibly a few bug fixes to the new GUI and that's it.....if we ever get another update. The biggest problem is that they never tell anyone anything more than a 10 second post saying an update is coming "soon", but then leave us hanging for weeks in complete silence.

Maybe what's taking so long is that they are gathering together the info needed for their source code and are about to quit altogether. Who knows what's going on when they don't tell you anything?

Yes, I'm speculating. Yes, I'm annoyed. TC needs to hurry the hell up and release an update already....if they're going to do anything. I expect some $5 cart to have lousy support, but I didn't pay a premium price for a flashcart to be left hanging like this.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
It's sad that a card that has long since lost its official support (R4) has been updated quite a few times since the CycloDS's last update. Currently, the crusty old R4, whose official team is long gone (not to mention being the target of much ridicule), is more up to date (thanks to YWG) than the overpriced CycloDS with its "official" support. People can argue about what features this-or-that cart has that makes it better than another all they want, but game compatibility is the MOST important thing (it's all I care about really) and the CycloDS is falling way behind.

I'm beginning to think that TC is nothing more than a couple dudes, working in a basement to release firmwares and the CycloDS is very much so a secondary endeavor in their oh-so busy lives. They wait for someone else to fix the games, then steal the fixes for their own cart. I think most of what was once TeamCyclops has already cut-and-run and there's only a couple people left, and they're struggling to get anything done.

MAYBE we'll be surprised and they'll release a major update with all kinds of extra goodies.
MAYBE they will finalize the new GUI and add new features.
MAYBE they have a DSi cart in the works and that's why it's taking so long to get a new FW update.

But I doubt it. Possibly the new GUI will become the main firmware in the next update, but I think all that will really happen is just game fixes and possibly a few bug fixes to the new GUI and that's it.....if we ever get another update. The biggest problem is that they never tell anyone anything more than a 10 second post saying an update is coming "soon", but then leave us hanging for weeks in complete silence.

Maybe what's taking so long is that they are gathering together the info needed for their source code and are about to quit altogether. Who knows what's going on when they don't tell you anything?

Yes, I'm speculating. Yes, I'm annoyed. TC needs to hurry the hell up and release an update already....if they're going to do anything. I expect some $5 cart to have lousy support, but I didn't pay a premium price for a flashcart to be left hanging like this.

in other words: tl;dr - "it's a shame to see a once "must have" card fall short against an Acekard 2i or DSTWO which have ton more features, are cheaper, and work on DSi's"

Speaking of which, I think someone bought a CycloDS from one of my links last week or something
ohmy.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you'll still get plenty of people who'll recommend the CycloDS because they have a lot of faith in it being the best flashcart still, I guess they haven't that the DSTwo is cheaper and easily better in all ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: