Hacking CycloDS iEvolution Problem

Sensator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just received my CycloDS iEvolution from Modariffic and it doesn't seem to be working. I put the boot.ievo firmware onto the MicroSD but when I put the microsd back into the cyclods cartridge and put the cartridge into both my DSi and 3DS it doesn't detect any cartridge present. I've tried putting that bootstrap thing on and putting the cartridge into the circular adapter then into a usb port, and the cartridge started blinking red. I'm not sure what I have to do, the cartridge itself looks fairly dodgy, like the sticker is all dirty and not placed right, as well as some of the plastic around the edges not being stuck together properly. Also, when putting the cartridge into a DS it feels like a really tight fit, and it actually gets semi stuck when trying to take it out.

Do I have a broken CycloDS iEvo and should I get a refund or am I doing something wrong.

Sensator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
deathking said:
does it work on the australian dsi ??

No.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Apr 4 2011, 04:51 PM) -_-" Did you flash the firmware onto it (correctly) o.0?

I'm really not sure what the 'correct' way is, seeing as it didn't come with a manual and I can't seem to find anything on the website to do it properly, which is why I'm asking for help here.
Basically all I did was copy the .ievo file onto the microsd.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sensator said:
I'm really not sure what the 'correct' way is, seeing as it didn't come with a manual and I can't seem to find anything on the website to do it properly, which is why I'm asking for help here.

you're doing it wrong

[*]Copy “BOOTUPDT.EVO” to the root directory of a MicroSD card[*]Ensure that iEvolution does not have any MicroSD inserted, and then insert the cartridge into the updater dongle[*]Insert the updater dongle into a USB port on your PC and wait for the red LED to light up[*]Once the red LED is lit up, while keeping iEvolution plugged into the PC, insert the MicroSD card containing the “BOOTUPDT.EVO” file[*]The red LED should switch off after a few seconds, which indicates that the iEvolution bootstrap update is in progress. If the LED does not switch off, or if it flashes on and off, then there is a problem. This is often simply the result of contact issues with the MicroSD card, so try again from the beginning if you get such an error.[*]After a few minutes, the red LED will switch back on. This indicates that the bootstrap update has completed successfully. Your iEvolution is now ready to use.

full instruction can be found here
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10826

Sensator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
Sensator said:

you're doing it wrong

[*]Copy “BOOTUPDT.EVO” to the root directory of a MicroSD card[*]Ensure that iEvolution does not have any MicroSD inserted, and then insert the cartridge into the updater dongle[*]Insert the updater dongle into a USB port on your PC and wait for the red LED to light up[*]Once the red LED is lit up, while keeping iEvolution plugged into the PC, insert the MicroSD card containing the “BOOTUPDT.EVO” file[*]The red LED should switch off after a few seconds, which indicates that the iEvolution bootstrap update is in progress. If the LED does not switch off, or if it flashes on and off, then there is a problem. This is often simply the result of contact issues with the MicroSD card, so try again from the beginning if you get such an error.[*]After a few minutes, the red LED will switch back on. This indicates that the bootstrap update has completed successfully. Your iEvolution is now ready to use.

full instruction can be found here
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10826

NVM I'm a scrub and should read more before posting, I'll post again if I have any issues, thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM