CycloDS from TechWizad

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by ganmo, Aug 11, 2008.

Aug 11, 2008

CycloDS from TechWizad by ganmo at 7:08 PM (3,293 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. ganmo
    OP

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    Hello, on 6th august i made an order for CycloDS with 2GB microSD on techwizad.com. As off now I have sent them 3 email, asking if they have shipped the package yet or not, without one single response. So to my question have I been scammed? [​IMG]

2. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I bought some stuff off them in the past, they seem to be ok.

Keep e-mailing you should get a reply.

3. ganmo
    OP

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    read couple of thread regarding techwizard on teamcyclops homepage, now i'm even more depressed. I guess i have to keep sending them email, anyway this is really sad it has to be like [​IMG]

4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    He's been going for 5 years under the same name, he can't be that bad. Bought my swap magic discs from him years a go.

Anyway if you payed by visa just chargeback him if you get any hassle.

btw, for a small price I will go round and paint 'pedo' on his door [​IMG] .. as i visit Epsom-Surrey often.

5. ganmo
    OP

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    i would've done that but since i haven't recieved a single response from him, i doubt he would answer my email asking for refund. anyway i've sent another email this techwizad man with my gmail now. hopefully the reason for his zero-response is because my previous emails got filtered as spam.

anyway do you live near his business area? if so i guess i could send you a small fee asking him about my order :/

6. ganmo
    OP

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    14th Aug 2008, i have not recieved my package yet.
    I'm posting here to warn everyone to becareful with Techwizad. They maybe claim that they have been in business for 5 years, but they're a bunch of scammers!

7. ganmo
    OP

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    Too early? i made the order on the 6th, it shouldn't take more than 1 week for a package from UK to be sent to Sweden.

8. techwizad

Newcomer techwizad Newbie

United Kingdom

We are not a bunch of scammers. As was emailed to Ganmo, there was an error with our payment provider checking his card details which led to a delay in sending his product, which we apologised for and have arranged to refund the shipping.

In the UK, these checks are done automatically by a company called The 3rd Man which checks the cardholder details with the bank that issues the card within minutes.

However for non UK orders, we have to wait 12-72 hours depending on the country before we get the all clear to ship the item.

Please be assured that if you buy a CycloDS or any other product from www.techwizad.com then your order is safe and we even upgrade customers who have purchased a CycloDS and 2GB/4GB memory card bundle (or any other passcard & 2GB/4GB memory card bundle) to Insured shipping even when they have selected the cheaper standard airmail option at no extra cost. This is to ensure that the package arrives 50-75% faster than usual and is covered against loss.

9. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I 'd just like to add reassurance to anyone else who are worried about Techwizad. I bought my Cyclo from them in late July (purchased online on a Saturday and received on the Tuesday) but it's accompanying MicroSD reader had the seemingly common problem of being faulty. However i'd been away for some time and wasn't able to do anything about replacement until a couple of weeks ago.....

I fired a couple of emails their way and whilst admittedly i wasn't sure at times whether they'd been received or not ("As off now I have sent them 3 email, asking if they have shipped the package yet or not, without one single response".... i certainly empathise with this!), in the end i got a polite email back and they quickly sent out two replacement USB card readers (Cyclo branded).

I picked techwizad due to the wealth of bad press it seemed that consoleup had received and i'd certainly recommend them to other UK buyers...yes communication was at times erratic....but just don't give up on emailing them as it may take more than one to get a response!

10. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    They seem fishy to me. I would have just gone with a well known site like dealwoot.com or realhotstuff.com

11. xist

United Kingdom
    That's not much help if you live in the UK...what makes them seem fishy to you?

12. xist

United Kingdom
    Sorry Double post!

13. requiem_mortis

Newcomer requiem_mortis Member

United Kingdom
    As they were listed as an official reseller on the Cyclopsds website, I placed an order with Techwizad for Two Cylcods Evolution cards on On November 27th 2009 when their website stated they were in stock.

Their website boasts...

"Most orders received before 2PM are despatched the same day. Items ordered outside of these times are despatched at the next earliest opportunity."

however there is a proviso...

"We aim to ship all orders received by 2pm the same day, however please allow upto 2 working days for your order to be shipped"

I was supplied a tracking link on my order acceptance confirmation (recieved almost instantly after placing the order) which has steadfastly remained at ...

Shipping Status. Not Shipped.

I too have been disappointed by the lack of response to my email requests for a reason for the delay

Today I found the website to have been updated with

"New stock arriving 7th December. Pre ordrers accepted two days before confirmed arrival" - ....err..... fogive me but this seems to infer some form of time travel [​IMG]

as their website states the following...

"Pre Ordered Items

All pre order items are given estimated times of delivery provided to us by our suppliers. A pre order will guarantee the reservation of the item. All delivery dates are subject to change at any time. If you wish to cancel a pre ordered item then then there is no charge - you will receive back full payment."

I have today mailed them with a request for my money back if they cannot fulfill the order immediately....one can live in hope!

Oh by the way for those interested....

Techwizad16
    Rutland Close
    Epsom
    Surrey KT19 9JR

Telephone: 020 3287 7711 [Sadly this goes straight to voicemail to which no response is ever given ]

14. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Dude why did you necro a one-year-old post. >___>

And TechWizad is a piece of shit seller. In case it hasn't been stated enough don't buy from them.

15. requiem_mortis

United Kingdom
    @ Chrono_Tata

1) Necro = Resurrect ?..... The thread existed and covered my topic so why start a new one (isn't that against forum etiquette ?)

2) The company is still trading and listed as authorised reseller by Cyclopsds - so coming up to christmas when people may be considering them, it was worth resurrecting the old thread to bring it back in to focus

3) From my reading it seems they do deliver eventually they just don't live up to their delivery promises or respond to email

Their customer service is poor to say the least....I will not make the mistake of using them again.

If /When I recieve my order/refund I will post back here.

16. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    generally, if its an old thread like this one, just start a new thread. its just annoying when countless threads are made for the same common problem, such as the recent spirit tracks release. but honestly, thank you so much for searching this time. really...

17. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Well there are some other newer posts concerning TechWizad as well so you could have bumped those. It's not usual forum practice to necro (the word being a shorted from necromancy, so yeah, resurrect [​IMG] ) a post which has had no activity for a long time, but I guess there is nothing "wrong" with it. My apologies.

On this note though I think we really need some sticky threads on this forum with FAQs for the Cyclo Evo. Really need to inform people not to trust the "official authorised retailers" (the list is mostly outdated and the retailers still in business are unreliable) and other general information like how to activate RTS or beta firmwares and all that. I could make one myself if a moderator will sticky it.

18. requiem_mortis

United Kingdom
    Mailed another request for refund today and recieved the following

"Hi
    We have stock here to fulfill your order however a refund will be applied as requested, however your order may have allready been shipped (as per autoresponder message) so we will have to wait 24 hours to see if the package is on its way to you or has been returned".

19. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    people should be aware that the cyclo supplier is very slow and don't keep promise too. once we waited 4 weeks to get 50 cyclods. if wasn't so requested, i surely don't restock these cyclods