Not open for further replies.

Sehjenkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently geting rid of my R4 and wanna get a better card and i've been recommended these 2 carts but which one is better?

I'm looking for hardcore gaming with no problems of accessing wifi or dealing with bugs or loading problems

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclo by about 40 kilometres.
Save States, Ingame Text Reader, Wii connectivity, just to name a few

Posts merged

Cyclo by about 40 kilometres.
Save States, Ingame Text Reader, Wii connectivity, just to name a few

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
The Edge may have the same reliable hardware as the cycloDS, and its interface looks like same too - but the features that make the cycloDS the best card on the market is missing

There is no point in throwing away an r4 for an edge.... thats like......Its like selling your 1980 nissan pintara, to buy a 1982 nissa pintara...

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
The Edge may have the same reliable hardware as the cycloDS, and its interface looks like same too - but the features that make the cycloDS the best card on the market is missing

There is no point in throwing away an r4 for an edge.... thats like......Its like selling your 1980 nissan pintara, to buy a 1982 nissa pintara...
Lawlz good metaphor. XP

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo is definitely better as the EDGE is a clone of the cyclo
but if you dont want to pay so much (the cyclo is a bit pricey),
the EDGE is a decent choice.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I completely disagree with the other posters.
I have both. I paid less than $25 for my EDGE and over $50 for my Cyclo.
QUOTE said:
Save States, Ingame Text Reader, Wii connectivity
I do not see the need for save states or an in-game text reader, I do not have a WII.
The only features the Cyclo has that I use that the EDGE does not have are the tin box and the "random" theme selection.
The EDGE boots faster and uses less power, the TF card fits MUCH better in my EDGE than in my Cyclo.
I have to wait a day or two for my thumbnail to regrow the damage caused by removal of the TF card before I can do it again.
The Cyclo has a good forum (when it is up) and a potentially useful menu that pops up after a soft reset.
I hope Team Cyclops finds something useful to put in it some day - like a Memory Editor!
I think a Cyclo should be worth about $5 more than an EDGE, but not $10 - and certainly not more than double.
I use my EDGE daily, my Cyclo stays in its tin box as a backup for the EDGE.
If you think any of extra features of the Cyclo are worth over $30 extra for YOU, buy it, otherwise try the EDGE.
Both are great - I have tried all of the most popular cards and my favorites are these two.
By far!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Sehjenkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:

my R4 is a clone and doesn't work with some features...

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
As long as it still works with mostly what you want it to do (play backups) you really shouldn't go out of your way and buy another flashcart. Of course if you've got spare cash (or rolling around in cash) then go for it.
yaynds.gif

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sehjenkai said:
I am currently geting rid of my R4 and wanna get a better card and i've been recommended these 2 carts but which one is better?

Better out of the two: CycloDS imo

QUOTE(Sehjenkai @ Sep 21 2008, 01:30 PM) I'm looking for hardcore gaming with no problems of accessing wifi or dealing with bugs or loading problems

CycloDS again
wink.gif

Im tending to agree with everyone CycloDS is a fantastic unit with features and great aftermarket support to back it up. Frequent updates and one hell of a team- I mean i've only had it for a day and its great! Im not sure exactly how other carts would perform so i just decided to go for something reliable.

However, some food for thought:

What happens if the extra features are needed by the user at a later stage? It would come down to whether you are prepared to just grab a cyclo and have most of the features now
wink.gif

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd nailed this one, and even if you do own a Wii, there is like what? 3? games that "Wii connectivity" supports at the moment?

Choosing a Cyclo over the EDGE is like choosing Vista over XP... lot's of unused flashy things, more cosumption, and you just have to ask yourself... do you need/want those frills.

Also, have a look at this list, do you see anything that wont play on your current R4 that you want to play? prolly not, most are Korean or Jap games or haven't been retested since the v1.11 loader.

SkyintheSea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo if you want the extra features and the good support the card has.
Edge if you want a cheap version of the Cyclo without all of the above.

IMO Cyclo > Edge, but some people are Edge > Cyclo.
It's really your decision.

Toxxysko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I hear Cyclos are great, but I own 2 EDGEs + 1 Really OLD R4, and the EDGE carts have been perfect so far.

Keywords here are "so far".

weebwobb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo is the luxury card with all the best features but don't venture too far from a power source. It's the one I use most of the time. The Edge is the best card for those that want the best interface but don't care about any other features except just playing games. Highly recommended for children!

I'll also add that the AK2 is the best option for those prone to hacking and want to mess with every little feature and setting. You can play with the source code and two of the developers of the cfw are right here on these boards so you can talk with them and request features. Also, dealextreame just lowered the price of the AK2 to around $12 w/out a tf reader, so that would have to be right up there for consideration if I were buying today.

gamemazter12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDGE DS (HAVE IT FIRST)

IF YOU WANT SOME FAST, SIMPLE, MORE PLAY HOURS,CHEAP: I RECOMMEND THE EDGE FLASHCART
IT HAS NO PROBLEM ON MULTIPLAY ON DS LIKE DS DOWNLOAD PLAY
NO PROBLEM ON PATCHED GAMES AND HOMEBREW APPS

CYCLO DS

IF NOT CONTENTED WITH THE EDGE, GO WITH THE CYCLODS, MORE FEATURES
AND THE SAME WITH EDGE WHEN COMES WITH MULTIPLAY
AND WITH HOMEBREW APPS

I HAD NO COMMENT WHICH IS BETTER????????
BUT THE TWO IS THE BEST FLASHCARTS ON THE NDS FOR NOW!!!

yaynds.gif

XRacer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamemazter12 said:
EDGE DS (HAVE IT FIRST)

IF YOU WANT SOME FAST, SIMPLE, MORE PLAY HOURS,CHEAP: I RECOMMEND THE EDGE FLASHCART
IT HAS NO PROBLEM ON MULTIPLAY ON DS LIKE DS DOWNLOAD PLAY
NO PROBLEM ON PATCHED GAMES AND HOMEBREW APPS

CYCLO DS

IF NOT CONTENTED WITH THE EDGE, GO WITH THE CYCLODS, MORE FEATURES
AND THE SAME WITH EDGE WHEN COMES WITH MULTIPLAY
AND WITH HOMEBREW APPS

I HAD NO COMMENT WHICH IS BETTER????????
BUT THE TWO IS THE BEST FLASHCARTS ON THE NDS FOR NOW!!!

yaynds.gif
WHY ARE YOU TALKING IN CAPS!!! Anyways, CycloDS Evo beats EDGE big time. I do not see how EDGE beats the Cyclo. I have a CycloDS myself. And I feel proud to have a CycloDS, and know that I have the best slot-1 flashcart on the market.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well...I see one problem with this topic =/
It's in a cyclod DS forum? Second...I believe it depends on what you want. Cyclod is a different investment b/c it has wii connectivity and extra features...while I think the edge is lacking those features but you get to save like 30 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @linuxares, Yarr harr fiddle dee dee. Being a pirate is alright to be.