dohclude

OP
Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just updated to the latest GEN 5.50 release on my phat 1000 PSP (with some reluctance.) I got pretty much everything working now though except for one problem. CXMB will not allow me to change themes after applying the first time. I grabbed the latest CXMB from DL.QJ.NET which was supposed to be working with 5.50 gen. After applying a CTF theme I can't change to any other theme now, not even the standard ones. It displays a message about having to overwrite the current theme and you can either choose yes or no. I choose yes and it freezes for like 20 seconds and then the PSP shuts off. I've tried many different themes and they all do the same thing. I've tried two different CXMB releases that are supposed to be for 5.50 gen:

CXMB for 5.50Gen
CXMB for 3.71-5.50

Both do the same thing. I have found that I can change themes by editing the config file and manually adding the path and filename to the theme I want to use so I know that works, it's just the act of changing themes that seems broken. Are these just bad releases, does anybody know of a version that works correctly?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dohclude said:
Okay so I just updated to the latest GEN 5.50 release on my phat 1000 PSP (with some reluctance.) I got pretty much everything working now though except for one problem. CXMB will not allow me to change themes after applying the first time. I grabbed the latest CXMB from DL.QJ.NET which was supposed to be working with 5.50 gen. After applying a CTF theme I can't change to any other theme now, not even the standard ones. It displays a message about having to overwrite the current theme and you can either choose yes or no. I choose yes and it freezes for like 20 seconds and then the PSP shuts off. I've tried many different themes and they all do the same thing. I've tried two different CXMB releases that are supposed to be for 5.50 gen:

Both do the same thing. I have found that I can change themes by editing the config file and manually adding the path and filename to the theme I want to use so I know that works, it's just the act of changing themes that seems broken. Are these just bad releases, does anybody know of a version that works correctly?

use themes made specifically for GEN 5.50 otherwise you will get the freezing issues!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dohclude said:
I am using 5.50 GEN themes. All of them are 5.50 GEN themes.

The two main ones I'm using are

Large Original Icons Midnight Black 5.50 GEN

and

Large Original Icons -Revived- 5.50 GEN

the large icons one works fine for me on gen 5.50 b2 just make sure you have put the wallpapers folder into your themes folder
smile.gif

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to play undead knights so I upgraded my m33-6 to gen-b2 earlier. then found out that cxmb wasn't working. I also found and tried the stuff on your links, but both failed. I searched more and found this:

5.00 to 5.50 cxmb converter

just unpack, then look for "CTFtool GUI_en" application. then click at the "convert" tab. browse for you 5.00 ctf file for the 500 input. for the 550 output, browse where and under what filename you plan to save your converted ctf file. then press start.

copy the converted ctf file to you themes folder, and you're done.
happy.gif

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I wanted to play undead knights so I upgraded my m33-6 to gen-b2 earlier.
This may be a really dumb question, but how exactly do you upgrade from m33-6 to gen-b2? Also is there any problems that can arise from doing so?

eine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shadow theory said:
QUOTE said:
I wanted to play undead knights so I upgraded my m33-6 to gen-b2 earlier.
This may be a really dumb question, but how exactly do you upgrade from m33-6 to gen-b2? Also is there any problems that can arise from doing so?

m33-6 --> gen-a --> gen-b --> gen-b2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...