Hacking Customise BoTW "news" items

Ninthlife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[request]

So the Tips From The Wild in Nintendo news gifts you in items when starting the game using the link at the bottom of the news article.

Is it possible to work out how this link works, and then employ a similar thing from a customisable webpage?

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but if its possible, it would allow customisable items to be loaded every time you load the game.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[request]

So the Tips From The Wild in Nintendo news gifts you in items when starting the game using the link at the bottom of the news article.

Is it possible to work out how this link works, and then employ a similar thing from a customisable webpage?

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this very well, but if its possible, it would allow customisable items to be loaded every time you load the game.
Make sure you look for threads on your topic before you post. I remember seeing a thread not too long ago about this (Could you make custom zelda launch links?)

The answer: maybe. We could do it somehow, some way, yes it is possible. However, it is way complicated and right now not in the particular interest of anyone.

Last edited by aykay55,

Ninthlife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for linking that thread, I did look, but must have been looking for the wrong search terms!

That was a few months ago, maybe this may serve to get that ball rolling again?

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for linking that thread, I did look, but must have been looking for the wrong search terms!

That was a few months ago, maybe this may serve to get that ball rolling again?
Umm.........no. If you want to “get the ball rolling again”, try to do the stuff I said in the other thread (capture packets, redirect with DNS, etc.) and maybe we might see it happen.

Ninthlife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your interest, but I don't have the facilities at the moment to achieve what you've said. I'll look into it when I'm at home.

I'm sure there are people who are well placed that do have the ability to look into what you've said, and this may give them an idea or a way forward.

I can appreciate that devs do alot for this community and if everyone does their bit alot of things can get achieved, but not everyone has that ability, or opportunity, to help out.

I like where your head is at though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello