Homebrew Custom Theme Issues

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made my very first theme using Usagi 3ds. I put in the theme folder and tried installing it with Anemone3ds then my 3ds crashed. It now crashes every time I turn it on. I'm on the last versions of B9S and Luma3ds, how can I fix this(without a Nand backup if possible)? I can still access Luma Chainloader and Luma Options.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove your SD, boot the console, change the theme to one of the color variations, and then reinsert your SD.
thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Remove your SD, boot the console, change the theme to one of the color variations, and then reinsert your SD.
Do you know why this happened in the first place? I thought I did it right...

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably you are using a bgm file bigger than the recommended size, this usually make the home menu not to load properly. Try to see the size of your bgm and make sure to have one under 3 mb, also make sure to check only the options you will use for your theme (do not check custom sound effects if there will be none).

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably you are using a bgm file bigger than the recommended size, this usually make the home menu not to load properly. Try to see the size of your bgm and make sure to have one under 3 mb, also make sure to check only the options you will use for your theme (do not check custom sound effects if there will be none).
That's not it, my bgm is only 2.2MB and works fine with other themes

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
What bit depth and format did you use for your images? Keep in mind that the 3DS does not like a 32 bit depth. It handles PNG24 and PNG8 with an adaptive pallette. PNG24 supports more colors, so gradients will look better, but it doesn't support a transparent alpha like PNG8. The caveat with PNG8, though, is that it really doesn't have a great color pallette. I've not tried bitmaps yet, but they might work better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt