Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got custom songs in the WiiWare game Helix to work! here's how:

1. get U8extr, U8coes, WAD Unpacker, WAD Packer, a OGG file, and a Helix wad.
2. Create a new folder on your desktop called Helix, and put all the files required there.
3. drag 'n' drop the Helix wad into wad unpacker.
4. you should see a folder with alot of numbers as its file name. open U8extr, and select the 00000002.app file, then click extract.
5. in the folder with alot of numbers, you should see a folder called 00000002_app_out, open it, and the open the sounds folder.
6. take your OGG file(s), and rename them to the file names to songs in the sounds folder, copy and replace them.
7. open U8coes, and select 00000002.app file, then name the output file 00000002out, click make.
8. remove the old 00000002.app file, then rename 0000002out to 00000002.app.
9. drag 'n' drop the files in the folder with alot of numbers into wad packer, and it should make a file called out.wad
10. install and have fun!

TrojanJef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, i go try it
smile.gif

EDIT
Everything works, only the WAD Packer doesn't work by me. This is the note:

Congratulations! Packaged correctly!

But i see no out.wad or something?

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrojanJef said:
Thanks, i go try it
smile.gif

EDIT
Everything works, only the WAD Packer doesn't work by me. This is the note:

Congratulations! Packaged correctly!

But i see no out.wad or something?
try deleting the original helix wad, then try again.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works for me, and got rid of the generic dance pap though I'd rather just put music on the old fashion way via a stereo.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to put the song "you spin me right round" by dead or alive in the the game and i plan to replace the song sunshine. i edited the the song list so that instead of saying sunshine it would say spin me right round. 1: will this affect the game? 2: How do i change my mp3 to an ogg file? Im trying to use this website to change it but it's taking forever.

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
I want to put the song "you spin me right round" by dead or alive in the the game and i plan to replace the song sunshine. i edited the the song list so that instead of saying sunshine it would say spin me right round. 1: will this affect the game? 2: How do i change my mp3 to an ogg file? Im trying to use this website to change it but it's taking forever.
it should not affect the game.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How do i pack all the files into wad packer if they are all in a folder already? Do i copy and paste them into wadpacker.exe/batch?
(srry for double poston)
Edit: It didn't work. It didnt make a out.wad file. What am i exactly supposed to do after i replace 000000002.app with 0000000002out.app.
Edit again: I did delete the other helix wad.

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
How do i pack all the files into wad packer if they are all in a folder already? Do i copy and paste them into wadpacker.exe/batch?
(srry for double poston)
Edit: It didn't work. It didnt make a out.wad file. What am i exactly supposed to do after i replace 000000002.app with 0000000002out.app.
Edit again: I did delete the other helix wad.
drag the files into the folder where wad packer is, then drag the same files into wad packer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol