Hardware Custom Screen Resolution in Vista?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
I'm really pissed at my sister's computer right now.

She called me today saying that the screen suddenly made everything big.. I drove over there and it seems her Resolution has been changed to 800x600. I asked her "How did this happen?", and she just said it did it by itself when she booted her Computer up this morning.

She's not very good at computers... I'm not very good with Vista..

I'd like to know how to set a Custom Resolution on Windows Vista.. She has a 19" Widescreen LCD screen, but I tried to get it to it's default resolution + best looking one (1440 x 900 @60hz), but there wasn't that option on the slider.

Every other Resolution looks absolutely horrific, and it makes me want to murder her PC.

Could someone please help me out? I tried everything..
tongue.gif

~Nero

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
assuming I read your post right (you can't change the screen resolution from 600x800, the default resolution for most computers), then it should be her graphics card driver, which determines what resolutions your computer can use

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assuming I read your post right (you can't change the screen resolution from 600x800, the default resolution for most computers), then it should be her graphics card driver, which determines what resolutions your computer can use

Well.. Something is up.

It used to be fine, her monitor ran at a nice 1440 x 900, then one morning, it changed the resolution by itself.
I'll try your idea tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

~nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish