XP
Country
Netherlands
iazybandit said:
kyogc said:
iazybandit said:
sgwiiboy said:
iazybandit said:
I have the Gamme 002 Fix and thought I would install rev8 incase new stuff requires it. Well, rev8 and Gamma 002 fix dont work together. Only Gamma 002 fix and rev7. I didnt try the old Gamma with rev8

Gamma with Rev 8 works great.
Old Gamma or Gamma with 002 Fix built into it? I tried Gamma 002 Fix with rev8 and it didnt load. if you have old Gamma without the 002 fix, it probably works with rev8

002 fix Gamma with rev8 works great for me.
Hmmm...maybe I installed it wrong?

I have the .dol, loaded it with HBC and installed it. It said it was finished. Is there maybe a wad version? Thats how I put rev7. I guess I'll google and see.

*EDIT*
I believe the .dol requires internet? Anyone PM me link to rev8 installer .wad file?

with the rev8 installer you can install with a wad file or with internet...

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
iazybandit said:
sgwiiboy said:
iazybandit said:
I have the Gamme 002 Fix and thought I would install rev8 incase new stuff requires it. Well, rev8 and Gamma 002 fix dont work together. Only Gamma 002 fix and rev7. I didnt try the old Gamma with rev8

Gamma with Rev 8 works great.
Old Gamma or Gamma with 002 Fix built into it? I tried Gamma 002 Fix with rev8 and it didnt load. if you have old Gamma without the 002 fix, it probably works with rev8

Sorry, should of said, I am using the first release of Gamma. Works like a charm, you should just put the original back on your SD card.

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
with the rev8 installer you can install with a wad file or with internet...
Mind helping me locate or providing the .wad file for the rev8 installer. I already have rev7 installer.wad. I tried installing with .dol and it said install was find but didnt work

QUOTE(sgwiiboy @ Mar 13 2009, 05:31 PM) Sorry, should of said, I am using the first release of Gamma. Works like a charm, you should just put the original back on your SD card.
I already have Gamma 002 fix on my channel. So no need to go back to first release of gamma.

antimatter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi!
I got a few questions. A while ago, like last november i softmodded my wii following one of the tutorials on this site. I'm starting the backup launcher gamma from my hbc and start my backups from there. i also had to run a cios installer back then. most of the games worked with that, except those that give the error 001/002. my backup launcher gamma tells me i have ios 249 installed. now to fix this error thing i went around and installed the ios36 rev8. was that even the right thing to do, because i saw many people talking about how that update is not needed and stuff. how do i find out what ios i have installed?

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Ok I read throug all of the pages and I guess i'm a retard but there wasn't any question like this.

I have the wiikey v1 with 1.9s instaled and starfall to block updates on a 3.2E wii. If I install this version of IOS, will the games run at 6x cause the wiikey runs them at only 3x?

And how can I check which version of ios36 rev I have? I think I have 07, but am not 100% about that.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
minos55 said:
Ok I read throug all of the pages and I guess i'm a retard but there wasn't any question like this.

I have the wiikey v1 with 1.9s instaled and starfall to block updates on a 3.2E wii. If I install this version of IOS, will the games run at 6x cause the wiikey runs them at only 3x?

And how can I check which version of ios36 rev I have? I think I have 07, but am not 100% about that.

blink.gif
Aehm...you have a Modchip..your games will always run at 6x Speed for you...and why do you need a cIOS? Modchip users only need this if they want to dump Wii-Games, not more. If you don't dump Wii-games, I recommend to delete it, you won't need it.

minos55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I needed it cause I downgraded my wii, but the wiikey has a problem that was never fixed so it only loads game at 3x speed, that's why I was asking if this will work.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
minos55 said:
I needed it cause I downgraded my wii, but the wiikey has a problem that was never fixed so it only loads game at 3x speed, that's why I was asking if this will work.

What? I also have a WiiKey v1.9s, also downgraded from 3.3 to 3.2 and all my games still run at 6x Speed. If yours don't do that, your Chip is broken, and nothing will fix that.

What the cIOS does, as far I've got it: When you had the old cIOS rev7, and launched a Backup through a Backup-Launcher (and only through a Backup-Launcher, no Disc-Channel), configured to use IOS249 (the cIOS), games played at 3x Speed, even if you had a Modchip. If you do now the same with the new cIOS rev8, it will detect your Chip, and play the games at 6x Speed, but only if you have a fully working Modchip, that is capable of 6x Speed.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
minos55 said:
This Says something else
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79924
Allows you to change the drive speed, but unfortunately our tests have shown so far that it is still locked to 3x

Well, it works for me...fast loading times, no stutters, etc...I can compare with a Softmodded Wii, and mine reads definitely at 6x Speed. If yours don't, bad luck, this cIOS won't help you.

bigguyplaying

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have a question.

i have system version 3.4 and i installed the original backup launcher .3 gamma using wad manager and ios16. now that version runs off of cios249 if everyone knows. now if i updated backup launcher with this update...

can i play my games i've set to ios249?

D

Deleted User

ok im haveing a problem witht eh new ios 36 rev 08 i have a few backups suck as EA skate it and ummm Dead Rising chop till you drop when i run te rebooter it says error #001 not 2, 1 wgich im confused like how am i suppoed to run 1:1 now with this problem any ideas

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WitoRIT92 said:
ok im haveing a problem witht eh new ios 36 rev 08 i have a few backups suck as EA skate it and ummm Dead Rising chop till you drop when i run te rebooter it says error #001 not 2, 1 wgich im confused like how am i suppoed to run 1:1 now with this problem any ideas
reinstall cIOS36_rev8 cause if installed right you will not have these error reports
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

is there a way to remove it and restall it because i been trying to install it over itself dont wrk i dont know what to do im wad installing any help

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i had that problem

i solved it using the cioscorp in miiwii

i just installed that through wadmanager

but make sure you install preloader first so you're safe

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
BaconXBits said:
-I get the #002 error when running Sonic and the Black Knight (excuse my crappy taste), and a completely frozen green screen when running The House of the Dead: Overkill. Every other game run with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma works perfectly.

Some people here said that cIOS36rev8 is slightly faster than the old one, so it should be worth an upgrade, it's also compatible with dual layer discs now.

To get rid of the 002 error you could just use the Gamma launcher with 002 fix, it should be easy to find here, or you could use the latest SoftChip version, there you can select if it should remove the 002 error before launching the game.

Green screen freeze == Video mode issue. The game doesn't run in your video mode, either run it in its video mode(PAL/NTSC), or try my toy.

Getting the green screen problem when trying to force House of the Dead: Overkill to NTSC as well.

I followed the link to "my toy" in your sig but I got this error from rapidshare.

Error

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

"To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information."

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey, just tried installing this but it seems that even with the patched 4.0 you are unable to install wad files.

an error gets returned when it tries to register the ticket or something
frown.gif
, any way around this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958