Hacking Custom IOS36 rev 08

BaconXBits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it seems that everyone in the first 10 pages has a different situation than me, so here I am asking for help.

-I have a softmodded Wii with HBC.
-I previously installed "cIOS" from this thread, which I am led to believe installs IOS249. What it specifically does I don't know, but it allowed me to install Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma so I haven't really cared until now.
-I get the #002 error when running Sonic and the Black Knight (excuse my crappy taste), and a completely frozen green screen when running The House of the Dead: Overkill. Every other game run with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma works perfectly.
-Is cIOS36 rev 08 (the download in this thread) compatible with my current situation, and will it fix these issues? I'm reluctant to install it because I don't want to run the chance of bricking my Wii.
-To install cIOS36rev08, I just change the .dol to "boot.dol," and create an aptly named folder for it, right? I assume I don't need a fancy icon for it like all of my other apps?
-What does cIOScorp even do, and why does everyone blindly want it so much?

Thanks!

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cygoku said:
What is that "with hooks" means, I keep on reading that everywhere.

Cygoku
with hooks
means that it just reboots the wii with the changes you've made such as removing copy flags which lets u move saves to the sd card that u normally couldn't move

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cioscorp is a set of custom ios that allows u to play 1:1backups from disc channel but only from your reigon unless u use anyreigon changer

BaconXBits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
cioscorp is a set of custom ios that allows u to play 1:1backups from disc channel but only from your reigon unless u use anyreigon changer
So it's basically only useful if you don't want to install a Backup Launcher or want to see the Disc Channel animation for each game?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BaconXBits said:
-I get the #002 error when running Sonic and the Black Knight (excuse my crappy taste), and a completely frozen green screen when running The House of the Dead: Overkill. Every other game run with Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma works perfectly.

Some people here said that cIOS36rev8 is slightly faster than the old one, so it should be worth an upgrade, it's also compatible with dual layer discs now.

To get rid of the 002 error you could just use the Gamma launcher with 002 fix, it should be easy to find here, or you could use the latest SoftChip version, there you can select if it should remove the 002 error before launching the game.

Green screen freeze == Video mode issue. The game doesn't run in your video mode, either run it in its video mode(PAL/NTSC), or try my toy.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i would install this using the installer that comes with it, on my softmodded(softmii 0.9.5 with cioscorp bladiebladiebla you know the deal) 3.2e wii, will it just overwrite my old Cios36?, if so why are people using the cioscorp2 pack(updated by wiiblaster tnxx)

Will i get the same problem as some people with the error 001 fix? Cos i know installing the new Cioscorp pack will overwrite all the Cios's.

reason i'm asking is cos i see people updating the cioscorp, then having problems with error 001 fix
the solution given here is to find the ios the game requers and then manually installing that.
But guessing from the name of wanin's updater, it'll only update Cios36 right? so on my softmii modded wii i shouldn't have anyproblems with the 001 error if i would just use wanin's installer? and i would when updating the complete CioscorpV2 pack?

Can anyone confirm this?
or give your 2 cents on the matter cos i'm confused

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
also

.dol and . wad are not the same right? i cant rename one to another and expect them to work right?

if so how come people here talking about the wad file(installing using wad manager) is there a way to extract a wad file from a dol file? cos i've searched the forums on both these questions and didn't come up with anything

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
BMasterP said:
.dol and . wad are not the same right? i cant rename one to another and expect them to work right?
That is correct - they are not just the same files with different filenames.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok tried cioscorp v2 got the 001 error tried gamma loader 03 black screen used my toy it loaded up fine softmodded wii 3.2u arc with starfall hacks dont have starfall do i need it or can i just install the game ios & it will work ?

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
menage730 said:
ok tried cioscorp v2 got the 001 error tried gamma loader 03 black screen used my toy it loaded up fine softmodded wii 3.2u arc with starfall hacks dont have starfall do i need it or can i just install the game ios & it will work ?

RT-9

Trophies
Website
www.trancecast.tk
XP
Country
Canada
i yesterday i got a stupid error ret-2 ..something like that xD...i did,nt had time to try Cwad manager... i hope it installs then correctly... for the noobs, i did not semi-brick and actually you can't really brick your wii with this... since it does not edit any files.......

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
menage730 said:

humm...
a bit lost arent you?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
BaconXBits said:

Some people here said that cIOS36rev8 is slightly faster than the old one, so it should be worth an upgrade, it's also compatible with dual layer discs now.

To get rid of the 002 error you could just use the Gamma launcher with 002 fix, it should be easy to find here, or you could use the latest SoftChip version, there you can select if it should remove the 002 error before launching the game.

Green screen freeze == Video mode issue. The game doesn't run in your video mode, either run it in its video mode(PAL/NTSC), or try my toy.

seems like the error patching for 001 and 002 errors is still buggy and i think waninkoko should make a new release for it... as most people have errors with the whole new cios... although it is indeed faster and has dual layer support and support for multiboot...

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just agreeing with everybody else i have alot of games & tried quite a few got the #001 error cioscorp did a great job with version 1 cant wait until you perfect this one as for being lost na homie u got it twisted i could afford to brick a wii or 2 i have five u feel me i just test alot of programs & the one time i decide to comment u trying to hate if u aint got nothing constructive to say go jump of a bridge or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1