Hacking custom ios249 could not be loaded

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone help me with thus please?

when i try to use my usb loader after using bannerbomb etc,it says "custom ios249" could not be loaded.

any ideas?i know someone will know how to fix this.

thanks a lot in advance.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you read through my guide in my sig first if you don't even know how to run an application. You may not even be able to install that directly depending on what you've done on your system so far and what system menu you're on.

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have done the lot.7 wii consoles with the twighlight,and also got homebrew on this wii console...but i got another "error" when installing the rev 14 file....do i need to do it with my network to get it working?ios249 seems to be my problem.

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right...i done the lot of what was said above,still the same error...i done it with the network connection instead of the wad,and i STILL get the ios249 error....

any ideas guys?

please...help!!!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bryandir said:
i have done the lot.7 wii consoles with the twighlight,and also got homebrew on this wii console...but i got another "error" when installing the rev 14 file....do i need to do it with my network to get it working?ios249 seems to be my problem.

Any of Waninkoko's cIOS revisions, aka IOS249, are like the basis of everything for homebrew. The twilight hack is pretty old and doesn't work on recent system menus anymore and all that or bannerbomb does is run an application from the root of your sd card, it doesn't install anything itself. So saying you "did a Wii with twilight" says absolutely nothing about what you did except that you used something that only works on old non updated Wii's to run god knows what.

You do a wad installation with the cIOS installer if you are doing it offline. That requires you get the IOS wad that the cIOS revision is based on and put it on the root of your SD card first. If you do a network installation, it will download it automatically and use it. If you're telling the installer to use IOS249 first and you don't have a cIOS installed beforehand, you're doing it wrong. The IOS you put there is supposed to be an IOS with the trucha bug. If you're picking IOS249, you're picking something you don't even have on your Wii yet. If you are on a system menu above 3.3, you don't have the trucha bug anymore and need to do something to get that back first.

So again, read through the guide below in my sig. It will answer any questions you may have in detail without people having to repeat things for you. If you still have questions AFTER reading it, feel free to ask.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dude follow one of the guides and start from scratch and redo everything from bannerbomb onwards

and come back with what sys menu your running and which guide you tried before hand

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,i done the whole thing again.i done the network install to try and fix this error,but still get the error when trying to start a usb device.i have all the files in the correct places on the sd card,and i know what im doing as far as installing stuff.

im just a little confused about the cios249 thing.My system seems to be looking for that to start the external hard drive ,but it cant find it.do i need to change what the wii is looking for?i have read the guide...i just get lost.......i will keep plodding away...but your helps really appreciated guys!!!

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right,i beleieve i dont have "the trucha bug"....i am lost when i comes to this...where do i get "the Trucha Bug Restorer "files for my sd card?so i can do the downgrade of the cios.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
stop bumping your own thread, you was given the advice to follow one of the guides that are stickied at the top so follow them or you will receive no help what so ever

if you say you've followed these guides you lie since they all use TBR to restore Trucha to a IOS so you can install cIOS so go follow and use you god damn common sense

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:
stop bumping your own thread, you was given the advice to follow one of the guides that are stickied at the top so follow them or you will receive no help what so ever

if you say you've followed these guides you lie since they all use TBR to restore Trucha to a IOS so you can install cIOS so go follow and use you god damn common sense

hi there...thats the only bit i dont get. "using TBR to restore the Trucha to a IOS".

can i get a bit of help doing that?

thanks

bryandir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IOS36 will need to be pacthed on newer Wiis, but it won't hurt to do it on all Wiis, so I'll just put the steps here anyway. If you think you don't need it, you can skip this-- but if the next steps don't work, come back here. =)

Things you'll need:
1) SD card with a folder called apps on its root.
2) Trucha Bug Restorer.
3) If your Wii does not have internet, you will need to create the necessary wad files on the root of your SD (these are merely the files your Wii would normally download if it has an internet connection. Create them here!

Steps:
•Extract the files from the downloaded Trucha Bug Restorer zip.
•Copy the TBR folder to the apps folder on your SD card.
•Start HBC
•Load TBR
•Use IOS 36 to downgrade 15.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.