Not open for further replies.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
ninjaice15 said:
skawo96 said:
ninjaice15 said:
.... It just adds DVD reading for homebrew? So as of now, installing the custom IOS is pointless for people who have modchips....
You can downgrade if you have this installed.

Sounds useful I guess. Luckily I didnt update from 3.2 to 3.3! So I guess in my case there's no need for it quite yet.
But if someone had, then it's very useful for him
plus
You still get the Mii Parade Thingy!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ninjaice15 said:
.... It just adds DVD reading for homebrew? So as of now, installing the custom IOS is pointless for people who have modchips....

It's not really neccessary yet. But some interesting things do become possible if you install it. Emulators for example can read from DVD, so you won't have to put hundreds of roms on your SD-card if you want them all. And the disc dumper utilities use it too. You can use them to make ISO's from your original game discs. And you can expect a DVD movie player soon

APOC [T.I.M.]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how do I install this? all readme's say run "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" for example, but I've only got an .dol file ???
here are the latest files, but I don't get i? no wad file? when I try to run the dol file (cIOS36_rev4-Installer.dol) with the twilight hack I get still seem to need the wad file.

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
APOC [T.I.M. said:
]
how do I install this? all readme's say run "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" for example, but I've only got an .dol file ???
here are the latest files, but I don't get i? no wad file? when I try to run the dol file (cIOS36_rev4-Installer.dol) with the twilight hack I get still seem to need the wad file.

google for "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" to download that file and put it in the root directory of the SD.

APOC [T.I.M.]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fly_us said:
APOC [T.I.M. said:
]

google for "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" to download that file and put it in the root directory of the SD.

it's not specific voor ntsc or pal, so every IOS37-64-v2070.wad.wad should do? and just put it next too the boot.dol (renamed cIOS37_rev3-Installer.dol) and run the twilight hack?

I'm going to use the cIOS36_rev4-Installer, because it's newer, but that doesn't matter for this example

APOC [T.I.M.]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
The latest rev4 is based on ios36, not 37. So google for IOS36-64-v1042.wad

yes I know, that's what the readme said... so put both in the sd-card root en run with twilight hack?
)
rename cIOS36_rev4-Installer.dol => boot.dol
and copy this one and IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the sd/card root
)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, it's like that if you want to run through twilight hack directly.
or if you'd like to try more homebrew, install the homebrew channel and run it from there.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wikipedia said:
To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads.
I don`t see him doing this. He just wanted an anser. No bumping intention here if you ask me! I always find it better to use existing threads for small questions rather than making an entire new one for such a small question.

I don`t know the answer to the question here but you can always put another cIOS or rewrite the existing cIOS to make sure which one is installed.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Arm the Homeless said:
joinx said:
How to know which custom ios is installed on a modded wii?
F**k you. Really.

Why the fuck did you bump a year old thread?
I thought that the F-Word has to be censored here
unsure.gif
? Anyways, Arms right..this was answered several times already, searching wouldn't be bad...and bumping such an old thread is realy stupid...

Oh, and because I try to be nice today:
USB Loader GX and WiiFlow/WiiFloader can show you your rev version...but why care? Install the one you want again, you are shure that you've got the one you want after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads