Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
- What is the 2.71 Special Edition (SE) Custom Firmware Rev. C?

This is a custom firmware that allows you to gain the advantages
of firmware 1.50 and 2.71 in a single flash at the same time.

Homebrew code can be run on both the kernel of 1.50, and 2.71, allowing
almost all current homebrews to work on the 1.50 kernel, as well as the
2.71 kernel, homebrew compatible with HEN D.

NOTE: The installer writes to FLASH0. Neither Dark_AleX or myself, Zephyrus
can be held liable for any damages that is done to your PSP with the use of
this program, since this software is provided free and without warranty.

*This does not work for TA-082 users as a 1.50 bootstrap is needed to boot
the system patched.

At the moment, this installer only runs on 1.50 even though it could be easily
ported to the other firmwares with kernel access such as 2.60 and 2.71, but it
has been preferred by Dark_AleX that he would avoid it so as not to have TA-082
users trying to use it and end up bricking their PSP's.

This package comes with the DATA.DXAR file generated from the 1.50 and 2.71
updaters PBP's that is needed for the flashing of this custom firmware.

Download: File size 29.9MB
http://www.black-chronos.net/PSP/271SE_C-UNFP.zip

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
how do i run it, and how do i downgrade to 1.5? what is the "cutoff" version for downgrading?

thanks
smile.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm well im getting a psp for christmas, anyway can i downgrade the firmware to 1.5 of course i wont know what firmware it is yet, but i know its already been bought for me.

also no one i know has a psp that is formware 1.5 so could i still downgrade? if not i intend on buying games for it anyway, but were it an easy process i might give it a whirl although i would not want to brick something that costs $200 dollars... although i could get away with taking it back but still lol perhaps maby a gbatemp friendly link to a reliable site for info on all of this would be best for soemone like me
smile.gif

ok well it seems after further reading that this firmware is better than 1.5 anyway? seems alot more confusing than just buying a g6 and running stuff lol. again if anyone reccomends a good link for instructions on how to install this or anything else from when i do get my psp with a 2gb memory stick pro duo. also i am getting madden 2007, could i play that with the umd and still run maby an iso of sonic rivals, or for someone like myself am i better off sticking with flashcards for my nintendo stuff and buying the psps games
tongue.gif
lol. 1 last question have the snes emulators improved for the psp?? havent checked that scene since it started, would i still have to overclock to play the games at a good speed and can this new firmware play emu's?

ty for the help and sry to bug/clog up a new firmware topic.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
dont feel bad bolton, i still have no idea how the hell to work this psp stuff. im supposed to be getting one too and asked for a bit of help. i know my way around a computer decently well, but i can always format those if i screw something up. not so with a psp. im also looking for a noobfriendly walk through of what to do.

heres to hoping!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu