Custom Forwarder WADS on vWii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Malachi, Feb 11, 2013.

Feb 11, 2013

Custom Forwarder WADS on vWii by Malachi at 10:25 PM (1,491 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Malachi
    OP

Newcomer Malachi LDUDE64

United States
    Hello everyone. I have been testing some custom WADs on vWii (Configurable USB Loader, FCEUltra GX, ect.) and all of them go to a black screen. Now I noticed that the USB Loader GX Forwarder WAD has worked successfully with no problems. This got me wondering, how was the official USB Loader GX Forwarder able to work on the vWii while all of the other Forwarder WADs seem to crash my Wii U? :huh:

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Because that one is written for vWii.

vWii does not take normal IOS or WAD. Similarly, IOS and WAD that are written for vWii cannot be used on original Wii.

3. Malachi
    OP

Newcomer Malachi LDUDE64

United States
    I get it now. But is it possible to make the WAD/IOS compatible with vWii when it was originally written for the real Wii?

4. muskieratboi

Member muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Australia
    No, you cannot modify any existing loaders. however, there are new ones available.

There's a thread on the forum with official vWii Forwarder channels written for it, and a way to make your own if you know what you're doing.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/forwarders-are-back.340226/