Hacking Custom Firmware bugged/broken?

DevynPlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember how I got my cfw, I just remember following a guide somewhere on the internet, but what I'm about to say leads me to believe there's a problem with my firmware, and not the games I'm trying to mod.

So, for about a year or two now, I thought I just didn't know how to randomize my pokemon games (they always seemed to crash mid battle, or in specific routes, etc)
I thought the issue was that I messed up randomizing, which didn't make sense to me, because I followed the steps exactly. I'm going to use Pokemon X and Y for examples, as they are consistent with my crashes.
I would randomize my X game, using this guide: . After doing so, I'd attempt to run the game randomized, but I would at the trainer battle immediately following the pokemon catching tutorial. I tried a lot of different methods to make it work, but nothing did. Recently, I have attempted using a digital copy of pokemon Y to play neo x&y, however that would crash as well, at the exact same spot, without fail. So, I decided to test if it was the modding of the game, or what I can only assume is the 3ds. I ran Y without any of the custom settings, just the base game. Had froakie as my starter, torrent ability, all was well. I get to the trainer, and the game crashes, again. This, combined with me using a physical copy of Pokemon Sun for randomizing as well (it also crashed and wouldn't work) I tested my physical sun copy without any modding done to it. The game froze on the first cutscene.

I'm led to believe that the problem is with my 3ds and cfw, and that I somehow messed up along the way installing that, and not the games, as I've using both physical and digital copies of X, Y, Sun, and Ultra Moon, from various places (my collection & friends') and the crashes still occur, and at the same spots. I don't have any pictures, but I made a thread 2 years ago asking about the game crashing, specifically my pokemon x, where I typed out my error as I saw it.
This is what it says:
An exception occurred
Processor: ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Current process: kujira-1 (0004000000055D00)

R0 14D1170C R1 00000001
R2 0030CC30 R3 0030D1E4
R4 BFD0B61D R5 14D116EC
Then it continues all the way to R12, then
LR 0030D848 PC 0030CC48
CPSR A0000010 FPEXC 40000700

You can find a dump in the following file:
dumps/arm11/crash_dump_00000003.dmp

Press any button to shutdown

(bottom screen)

Stack dump:

then a ton of dump stuff​
So, I'm thinking that either my 3ds, or my cfw has some issue with it. I'm wondering if there's a potential fix, or a way to like system reset my 3ds so I can reinstall cfw, the right way. If it helps, I'm on an old 3ds xl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)