Hacking Custom Channels

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know about the Sega Saturn Emulator for the Wii, if it's still in the works or scraped?

Also the Wii Mame, has it improved at all, last I heard it can take up to 60min (on some games) to upload?

Thanks soso

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
adr990 said:
samsam12 said:
harrybuttox said:
Can you get the WAD manager channel please?

look at the list, its already there.
Yeah the old one...
Please update it to 1.1 (from1.0)
I not need it all really but nice job!
You should go one with this
yaynds.gif

And update HB launcher from 0.4 to 0.6 please (offical site have it as channel 0.6 anywyas)
---
If I may can, I request this:
HB Launcher 0.6 with the sound :
As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle

Thanks,

Adr990

il try to update it to 1.1, tell me if it works of if it crashes.

il upload v0.6, but im not making one with As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle. if you want that, do it yourself

to trolly: il upload all the videos i can find, ok.

davidw89

Trophies
XP
Country
DO NOT INSTALL THE TETRIS OR THE SNES OR THE VGA EMULATOR PROGRAMS
They will fuck up and freeze the Wii when you try to exit the program (by pressing the home button)
some code dump error
can post pictures

samsam12

Test
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidw89 said:
DO NOT INSTALL THE TETRIS OR THE SNES OR THE VGA EMULATOR PROGRAMS
They will fuck up and freeze the Wii when you try to exit the program (by pressing the home button)
some code dump error
can post pictures

yeah, there based on the homebrew channel version in channel form, so when you exit, it trys to go back to the loader, but there is no loader, so it crashes. you have to hold the power button to exit.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice thread to have this all in one place.... wish they would sticky though.

Is there a great guide or video that shows how to install the homebrew channel, if so that could be added to your list for all the noobs (like me) out here, can't find a good English one.

grog.gif

Elm

Hellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is seriously handy, many thanks, I've been looking for a GeckoOS channel for v1.06d for ages.

Thanks

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the video tutorial for installing WAD files for noobs like me, I also found a good video on Youtube, just in case you want to add it or not.... that's cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiPjViE1jeI

What is the WAD Manager used for ???

Also another question: Do you or everybody else uninstall their WAD's when they plan to play an online game like Mario Kart Wii, or is it pretty safe to keep them all installed while online?

Thanks Elm

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
isoptera4 said:
I don't believe this is worthy of being stickied yet as you have not labeled which version of the emulators is inside each channel. This is essential in choosing a channel to install. Until these are labeled by version this thread is useless.

ok, I'll list the version of the channels
I disagree. It doesn't matter the version of the homebrew, because you can easily update it using autowadinjector to inject a homebrew .dol file.
Saves you the bother of updating the channels all the time. Should out a short guide in this topic.

It's more important to credit who made/designed the channels.

In the interests of making this a good topic, here are some that have been missed (i'll upload them later if people cant find them):

Fce Ultra (paradox)
SNES9X (paradox)
VisualBoy Advance (paradox)
(they have different designs to the sound versions by wichoxp that uve already uploaded)

Bunch of MPlayer channel older versions by CBT (the design was changed a few times)
Guitar Fun CBT old version

Mag loader (unknown)
Mag loader (broly7)

SNES9X (Another version... i named it "bo banner" i'll try and dig up the source...)
SNES9X (DRaGMaRe) uses virtual console banner style.
(these two may have been one of the ones on http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/))

There are Blank channels too (no icon, banner or sound) such as TCPloader channel (available on wiibrew) so we should post one in the interests of completeness.

alot of these can be found here on temp or http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/ as teq noted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Up to you.