Custom 3DS shell

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sKullkId, Jul 15, 2014.

1. sKullkId
    OP

sKullkId Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Hello, i just signed up here and im not sure if this is the right forum for this post but anyway. I was wondering if with a 3d modeling program with a 3d model of an original ds phat and the measurements of the original 3ds and customize the ds phat model to make a shell for the 3ds that looks like the original ds phat but it's a 3ds. I mean its kind of pointless and it's just a project I want to make some time from now, and have it 3d printed for now until I can make a plastic mold. Does anyone think it's alright idea? it's just a small thing i want to do. Does anyone want to help me with a 3d model of the shell? *EDIT* Well, somethings just sound easier than done. Im going too do every thing by drawing it with paper and pen since its easier.

2. Bobbyloujo

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    Have you ever done 3D modeling or have any experience with 3D printing? Achieving this is probably more work than you think.

Also, DS Phats were ugly. Why would you want that? :P

3. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    So you want someone to do 3D modelling for you?

That's the kind of job people expect to be paid for.

4. sKullkId
    OP

sKullkId Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    yeah, that is true....well how about complete measurements of an original ds phat?

im doing it as a project

5. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2014
    Fiji
    So you plan on printing out a 3D model and assembling it to fit on your 3DS? Why not just draw a DS and tape it on top? It's the same concept.