Homebrew Question Current state of Switch Android emulation?

Goemonz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any loaders or custom firmware that allow you to play Switch games on a similarly powerful Android device?

I have an Nvidia Shield sitting (unused) on my shelf. It's useless as a smart TV box. I'm wondering if it has any value as a diy Switch?

I assume it's not possible to emulate a Switch using software without a lot more power than a Shield has under the hood. But, with custom firmware or a Teknoparrot style "compatibility layer" it would probably be about right.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have an Nvidia Shield sitting (unused) on my shelf. It's useless as a smart TV box. I'm wondering if it has any value as a diy Switch?
lol
Your assumption is correct. How would you emulate one device on another an that has literally the same hardware?

Playing Switch games on Android won't get you far yet. Check YouTube rather than asking here since there are a lot of videos on that topic. Essentially the currently best emulator is from some chinese company which only sells it along with a specific controller if my information isn't outdated.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Goemonz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol
Your assumption is correct. How would you emulate one device on another an that has literally the same hardware?

Playing Switch games on Android won't get you far yet. Check YouTube rather than asking here since there are a lot of videos on that topic. Essentially the currently best emulator is from some chinese company which only sells it along with a specific controller if my information isn't outdated.

TBH I was surprised to see a Switch emulator for Windows so soon after it's release.

I guess it serves Nintendo right for being lazy on their hardware development.

There's nothing wrong with making games for Android but pretending you made a console when you really released a new smart phone... It's not surprising it got cracked so quickly.

As Yuzu apparently uses custom firmware, I was hoping there was a way to turn a regular android device into a Switch (with custom firmware) already.

I'll keep looking.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I was surprised to see a Switch emulator for Windows so soon after it's release.

I guess it serves Nintendo right for being lazy on their hardware development.

There's nothing wrong with making games for Android but pretending you made a console when you really released a new smart phone... It's not surprising it got cracked so quickly.

As Yuzu apparently uses custom firmware, I was hoping there was a way to turn a regular android device into a Switch (with custom firmware) already.

I'll keep looking.
There is no CFW or anything close to CFW for Android devices or the Android OS people emulate on the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse