CUH-2115B - All Controllers Won't Sync - Even In Safe Mode

grimacelord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

I have a PS4 Slim model CUH-2115B, board number SAE-004, that has a problem with syncing controllers. No matter how many controllers I try to use with this PS4, none of them will sync to the console, not even in Safe Mode. I have tried multiple controllers, multiple USB cables, and both USB ports on the console. The controllers will sync and work on a different PS4 just fine, so I know it isn't a controller problem. The USB ports themselves are delivering 5V of power and DOES charge the controllers. I confirmed this with a USB ammeter, so it appears that the USB ports themselves are at least receiving and delivering power.

It is my understanding that I could have NOR Flash corruption IF my controllers would sync while in Safe Mode, but since my controllers do not, I am under the impression that this isn't my problem and instead is a problem with the Southbridge or perhaps a data line problem with the USB ports?

Nonetheless, I decided to take a firmware dump of the flash chip, just to see if there was corruption. I used some of Andrew Paul's videos to help me, although I didn't follow his procedure exactly to get my firmware dump. I used an EZP-2019+ USB programmer to get my firmware dump and then I extracted the firmware dump file with PS4 NOR/SLB2 tool into it's various parts to get my C0020001.bin. This is basically where I am unsure or how to continue because Andrew's videos are all based on older/original PS4's with older firmware versions. The files he provided links to are for CUH-1xxx models running on old firmware. I cannot seem to find working/clean/non-corrupt NOR Flash dumps for my model number that I can compare my dump to, to see if there is indeed firmware corruption (and if so, to use the clean/working/non-corrupt dump to repair my corrupted one)

So I guess what I am asking is, does anyone know where I can get a clean/working/non-corrupt NOR Flash dump for my PS4 model/motherboard model that I can use to compare against my (possibly) corrupt dump? I have been searching for awhile, but I haven't found any. I don't know if I am just looking in the wrong places or using the wrong search terms. Either way, I can't seem to locate my model's firmware.

If it turns out to not be corruption after all, does anyone have any suggestions as to what my problem could be?

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.