Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Startropic1, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Startropic1
    OP

Startropic1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    Funny story:
    So I was at Gamestop picking up a couple games when someone walked in to apparently pick up a 3DS game that they had the store holding for him. It was in one of those plain gamestop cases, so I couldn't tell what game it was just by looking at it. I heard the employee say several other people had called inquiring about the game, and that piqued my interested. I asked them what game it was, and they told me it was Cubic Ninja and the guy buying the game told me about the Ninjhax thing. (I already have an R4i Revolution ds flash card, and a Gateway 3DS card.) I kind of chuckled to myself, because the funny thing is I picked up the game quite a while ago complete in box on the cheap from the very same GameStop, back when no one gave a crap about the game.

So my question is, can I do the Ninjhax thing without rendering the game unplayable? I already have a game save on it, and I would kinda like to still be able to play it. I know I'm probably in the minority.

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    dump the card with the gateway. and you can run ninjhax with the rom on your gateway.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    What exactly do you loose? just the qr scanner?

4. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Ninjhax only stops the QR code functionality AFAIK. You can also clear your game data and Ninjhax with it.

5. Heien

Heien GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Just get a rom of it, ninjhax work with the rom.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. capz

capz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2014
    Netherlands
    cake town
    The answer to your question is; we don't know. Nobody seems to be playing the game. What we do know is that since it was assumed nobody would be playing the game, removing the exploit WILL kill your regular save game.

7. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    Only qr code and custom level from qr code are disabled. Game remain playable.

capz likes this.