Cube Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by swaaye, Apr 16, 2009.

Apr 16, 2009

Cube Backup Loader by swaaye at 10:51 PM (980 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. swaaye
    OP

Newcomer swaaye Newbie

United States
    I gave making a multigame Cube backup disk a shot for the first time last night with Multigame ISO creator (link below). When I start the game up with the GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2, my TV displays a mode not supported message. I'm running 480p thru the Wii with the component cables.

Is this a problem with GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2 or with the multigame ISO creator? Regular single-game-disks work perfectly.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/MultiGame_ISO_Creator

2. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    if there pal then sellecting 480p will never work PAL games always sucks thats why i import my GC games

3. swaaye
    OP

Newcomer swaaye Newbie

United States
    I should've added that the games all work fine when I burn them to separate DVDs. It's just when I try to make a multigame disk that it causes the TV to go out of an ok mode.

I'm guessing that the multigame menu or whatever is trying to run the TV at 480i? Maybe it doesn't support that when on component input? I really have no idea though.

4. swaaye
    OP

Newcomer swaaye Newbie

United States
    Ok I put some more time into this last night.

I started up the Wii and loaded up the GC Backup Loader with a regular single-game GC backup in the drive. This brings me to the screen where I have to choose screen mode/reloader/etc. Now if I swap disks to the multi-game DVD9, it loads up fine and I can select games on it. It will even start up a game fine.

However, if I start the GC Backup Loader with the DVD9 multi-game in first, it goes to a black screen. But, if I hit start, the first game loads fine.

It seems to me that there's something wrong with the GC Backup Loader's choose-options menu. Even when I just load a single-game DVD, there is a light grey bar across the top of the screen, perhaps indicating some sort of display mode corruption. It's not enough to throw the TV into a "unsupported mode" error though as the multi-game DVDs will.

5. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am trying to figure this out too...

I thought about manually editing the multigame ISO file and removing the GCOS boot.dol in the root directory... (leaving only the archive containing the games)
    DO you think this might work??
    here is a link to the other thread just like this

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1931504

6. kylsav

Member kylsav GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was having the exact same issue.

It seems to me that the default setting for Multi game ISO creator is PAL, it may not be switching the Menu to NTSC properly? Push some buttons and a game starts and runs fine.

7. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But let's say you have 4 or 5 games on 1 disc.. you don't know what game you are picking unless you memorize the order...

here is the link to the other thread... with the details of what is happening to me http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1931504