Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sigh, why do people keep using rxtools, CakesFW is waaay easier to setup and is more stable and also boots faster.
Probably easier to setup but I never found a guide to install it. So I'd rather spend 2 hours going through explained steps to install rxTools than spending 5 days figuring out the 5 minute steps to install Cakes.

Reactions: missinsummer

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me?
if I try to go to homebrew in emunand I get a red screen and if I try to go through sysnand it just boots rxtools and goes to emunand.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little confused about setting this up when homebrew launcher needs boot.3dsx on the root as well as this needing a boot.3dsx in the root of an sd card. Trying to use this to boot into gateway3ds/rxtools, then when inside those i can use ironhax or the homebrew launcher .cia builds afterwards. Also trying to find out how to get homemenuhax 2.0 to autoboot.

Last edited by cvskid,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little confused about setting this up when homebrew launcher needs boot.3dsx on the root as well as this needing a boot.3dsx in the root of an sd card.
the boot.cfg you put in your root contains the boot entries including:
{ title = "HomeBrewMenu"; path = "/boot_hb.3dsx"; }

This means you should rename your current homebrewmenu boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx to utilize it, or change the cfg to suit your needs.

Upon booting CTRbootmanager will activate first via themehax, and allow you to boot into an entry of your choice, including a *.3dsx you specified in the cfg for the homebrew menu.

Last edited by jaksy,
Reactions: cvskid

heythere115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get the menu up. I'm missing "code.bin" as shown from the pic and it doesn't launch anything I pick (Rxtool or Homebrew menu). Help?

Edit: Homebrew menu doesn't seem to crash after creating "boot_hb.3dsx" fails to load the Homebrew. It just redirects me back to the boot entry :/

Last edited by heythere115,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the menu up. I'm missing "code.bin" as shown from the pic and it doesn't launch anything I pick (Rxtool or Homebrew menu). Help?
Then either set up rxtools or properly link the hombrew menu like I just explained above.

heythere115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then either set up rxtools or properly link the hombrew menu like I just explained above.
Well I have this new problem now. When I try to launch rxTools I get this error: "couldn't load arm9 payload". Solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can you get to the Homebrew Launcher with this?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have this new problem now. When I try to launch rxTools I get this error: "couldn't load arm9 payload". Solution?
Try an ounce of google and taking it to the proper thread.
Sorry, but really you're not even trying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, can you get to the Homebrew Launcher with this?
Obviously yes, I just said that. Please try reading before posting.

Edit:
Edit: Homebrew menu doesn't seem to crash after creating "boot_hb.3dsx" fails to load the Homebrew. It just redirects me back to the boot entry :/
Sounds like you just made a copy of ctrbootmanager's boot.3dsx and renamed it to boot_hb.3dsx and linked that instead of linking smealum's HBmenu boot.3dsx

Last edited by jaksy,

heythere115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think my rxtools is outdated. I'm updating to a newer version. And yes I made a copy instead of using smealum's boot.3dsx.

Forgive me for the troubles I've only just started doing this and it was too damn confusing. I think I know what I'm doing now. Thanks for your input :D

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works from GW ULTRA 3.6 BETA with GW.3dsx, just add:
title = "Gateway 3DS";
path = "/GW.3dsx";
to the boot.cfg file.
Did the same thing and all i get is a black screen. Gateway logo appears but before it can load emunand it freezes on a black screen.

Last edited by cvskid,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 9.2.0U old 3ds with menuhax installed and using rxtools can this help me autoboot into my rxtools emunand automatically?
Yes, that's what most people use it for, but you could have easily figured this out yourself if you just read a bit.

Edit: I mean really it's like the third line in the OP
- It currently allow you to configure boot entries (arm9 payload "*.bin/dat", tested with rxTools "code.bin" and homebrew menu "boot.3dsx") in a configuration file to be booted automatically, with a specified timer.
I swear, gbatemp's reading comprehension some times...

Last edited by jaksy,

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's what most people use it for, but you could have easily figured this out yourself if you just read a bit.

Edit: I mean really it's like the third line in the OP

I swear, gbatemp's reading comprehension some times...
dude im new by some miracle i didnt brick my 3ds while downgrading and installing rxtools im surprised i got this far most of the words and acronims used here are alien to me last night was my very first time doing anything hack related to the 3ds so any help is greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2