ctrboot manager different for n3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Hamstermascot, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Hamstermascot
    OP

Hamstermascot GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Since I own a n3ds now, but I had to hardmode it before I could downgrade to 9.2. Now I've finally done that and installed reinand. I also wanted to boot into emunand on coldboot, but I've ran into a problem. I get a yellow screen freeze. I did the exact same thing as I did with my 2ds.

Steps I took:
    Changed the default theme on sysnand and switch back
    Went into hbl and install Themehax 1.2
    Put the microSD in the cardreader
    Renamed the boot.3dsx in my root to boot_hb.3dsx
    Put the Ctrboot files boot.3dsx and boot.cfg in the root folder
    Opened boot.cfg and renamed reinand.dat to reinand.3dsx

After this I should've been able to boot into the ctrboot manager menu, but I only get a yellow screen and it freezes. Is there something wrong with the steps I took?

2. imthe666st

imthe666st Felyne Hunter

Aug 16, 2015
    Germany
    ><HFB>
    Wrong section. This should belong to the Flashcards & CFW sections, not Rom Hacking.

Use CTR Boot manager to start the reinand.3dsx the .zip file has in /3ds/reinand/reinand.3dsx, don't rename the reinand.dat to reinand.3dsx.

Other then that. Try to launch homebrew using a different entrypoint ( browserhax, oot3dhax, ninjhax... )

3. Hamstermascot
    OP

Hamstermascot GBAtemp Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    I figured out like 5 minutes later what I did wrong. I didn't use the auto boot file. I just had to press the L button during the boot up of the 3ds. You can rename reinand.dat to 3dsx though. You just put the reinand.3dsx in the root and done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice