RELEASE CTCaer Hekate that can automatically patch FS KIP1

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rajkosto, Jul 23, 2018.

1. mezz0

mezz0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2009
    Belgium
    ::1
    I see "es" mentioned a lot; does that stand for exosphere ?

2. tomGER

tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2017
    Germany
    This works on all firmwares

loler55 likes this.
  3. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    many people here belive it donst work on 3.01...
    i try to install a random nsp loadrunner
    can i only install my own nsp????????

https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch and https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/blob/SigPatchOwO/Compiled/hekate_ipl.ini/
    thanks for answer @tomGER i use your cfg your sd files from your git with the nosigpatch
    first thanks for your good work ive read your tutorial more as 10 times
    plz can you help out?

i dont need this file?? FS510-exfat_nocmac_nosigchk.kip1
    when i have it + in config i get only a blackscreen--
    ive tryed to rename it to FS301-exfat_nocmac_nosigchk.kip1
    or FS510-exfat_nosigchk.kip1 or FS301-exfat_nosigchk.kip1

but only blackscreen

without it i cant install anything via tinfoil
    ive tryed oldlayerfs with sig
    new layerfs with sig
    cfw with sig

hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

exactly this ive followed

its feels like im the only one there will try this on 3.01 oder depper....

i have no idea what i can do to get it working

Attached Files:

Last edited by loler55, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    This is not for piracy, it doesn't patch ticket installation checks.

The "ES" patches mentioned are "ETicket Services" patches. They are the patches required to install non-legitimate NSPs/tickets. At the moment, all packs that have contained them have been removed, as they are the full ES file. Eventually there will be a patch-based method that will allow these to be distributed to people ;)

whateverg1012, mezz0 and loler55 like this.
  5. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Ive tryed a second xci and error but Wow a new Icon appear but cant Launch

Attached Files:

6. SaffronXL

SaffronXL The Grand Galactic Inquisitor

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    Working great for me, thanks Raj, Tom, and everyone else!

Last edited by SaffronXL, Jul 27, 2018
    tomGER and intellettuanale like this.
  7. kramer987

kramer987 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2008
    United States
    hit me up on discord @kramer987 if having issues. I'm more than happy to help.

but tomgers instructions are more than adequate. I can help walk you through if necessary.

8. Aeny

Aeny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Netherlands
    Can confirm that it doesn't work on my 3.0.2 switch. I've tried the nogc flag but my gamecard is still happily detected afterwards.

9. rajkosto
    OP

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    that's because those patches are a no-op on < 4.0.0 as there's no firmware update to protect against

Aeny likes this.
  10. Aeny

Aeny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Netherlands
    Fair enough, it would be nice of people to stop screaming that everything works everywhere then, Thanks for the confirmation.

11. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Ok, will do! Thanks for the advice!
    For one thing, a several kilobyte file that's only part of a much larger construct should hardly qualify as copyrighted, if at all. We're setting a dangerous precedent. "This project needs taken down because it uses a piece of a piece of a piece of piece..." "This file shares 16 bytes with my file! It's infringing my rights!"
    Reputable by whose standards? MultiMan isn't reputable? For that matter, none of the PS3 CFWs are either? What about USBLoader GX, WiiFlow, et al? Nintendont is irreputable because it doesn't have idiotic piracy checks like Devolution? HDLoader on PS2? Luma3DS isn't reputable either? Or the homebrew that allows launching of NDS ROMs from the 3DS SD card?

As for signature patches being exclusive to piracy: what if for some reason there existed a romhack that would only work when applied as a patch for an .xci file. Now SXOS users would be able to play it, but no one else would because the signature would be broken, and a free .xci loader would not be reputable.

12. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    Actually yes. This is why you aren't allowed to share master keys even though they are only 16 bytes of seemingly random data.

I am ok with supporting unsigned NCAs, there are uses for those other than piracy (and is what i have added to this hekate fork/now mainline). The same cannot be said for unsigned tickets though.

This is all software made from scratch/with homebrew toolchains, so it is legal to share publically. It is not the purpose of the software that makes it illegal (however if you are in the USA you might be breaking the law by USING it), it is what it contains. And packs containing pre-patched copyrighted nintendo binaries are not legal (not even TX breaks this rule, they include code to patch the binaries, not pre-patched ones).

Last edited by rajkosto, Jul 29, 2018
  13. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Oh, also: Not everyone is aware that file is copyrighted, and most, me included, would assume it's some kind of homebrew thing. Maybe there's a nicer way to inform people? Also screaming about it at every opportunity and making a big show out of havong ot removed is just going to get the Streisand Effect going, and people are going to propagate the file out of spite (not that I would ever do something so petty).

14. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think arguing about this a week later is pretty pointless I see your point and what is said lead me, myself to be misinformed about what this does but I mean really there's not much point in arguing.

15. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    There's specifically no reason to attach pre-patched FS.kip1 to this thread since the entire point of the feature i added is to allow it to be dynamically patched !

mooglazer likes this.
  16. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I'm not alone in thinking that shouldn't be allowed either.
    But why? The Nintendo Switch firmware files are distributed for free to all Nintendo Switches through the System Update function. Now, actually extracting this file and patching it is breaking the DMCA and/or international treaties, along with Nintendo's terms of use (opinion varies from court to court aboit whether these are actually legally enforcable), but if the pre-patched file originates where none of the above apply, it's not really illegal then is it?
    I didn't know it was a week old, I just saw it yesterday, and seeing it again made me want to reply to it. I know there's no point in arguing, but I'm just sick of politicians, celebrities, and especially corporations having more rights than everyone else.

Anyway, I guess I'm done here before I get into trouble over it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I get that now, I was just kind of frustrated at the idea of miniscule things being illegal somehow.

17. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    They do not distribute this freely to just any computer. They only distribute it (in pieces, each piece separately encrypted) to switches running Horizon OS and presenting the correct client certificate. It is not the same as PS3 full firmware files which you can just get from sony's website (although, even if something is available for free on the publisher's website, does not give you the right to redistribute it in a modified form ! This is why we cant distribute the memory training code from the Pixel-C firmwares, even though the Pixel-C firmwares are free to download)

ByteBite and Subtle Demise like this.
  18. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    OMG I lost my sigpatches, cant make it work, what should I delete from my SD card to start over new?

19. shchmue

shchmue Developer

pip Developer
    Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    this method only depends on the hekate config ini as in the OP the rest depends on the payload

20. AlphonseElric

AlphonseElric Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Used it a couple of times, and sat on it for a couple of days. Now it says it can't init my SD card, even though the CTCaer fork does it fine.

EDIT: Also it takes significantly longer to load after injection.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted