GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
madtamski said:
wolffangalchemist said:
the ability to press the L and R buttons on the CG controller to launch a boot.dol from the root of the sd card at start up would help to un-simi/banner brick wii's.

...or pressing 'Y' on the GC controller instead...oh wait that's been done!

lol

Gotta love sarcasm :/

i'm not talking booting into recovery mode i'm saying booting a elf/dol directly from the root of the sd card thus meaning you don't need the twilight hack to un-banner/simi brick your wii.
you can just have AnyTitle Deleter or Wad Manager 1.2 namead boot.dol/elf on root of sd card and bam it is easily fixed.
He already put that in the dash board.

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
madtamski said:
wolffangalchemist said:
the ability to press the L and R buttons on the CG controller to launch a boot.dol from the root of the sd card at start up would help to un-simi/banner brick wii's.

lol

i'm not talking booting into recovery mode i'm saying booting a elf/dol directly from the root of the sd card thus meaning you don't need the twilight hack to un-banner/simi brick your wii.
you can just have AnyTitle Deleter or Wad Manager 1.2 namead boot.dol/elf on root of sd card and bam it is easily fixed.

Well that would be nice....

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GhostSonic said:
wolffangalchemist said:
madtamski said:
wolffangalchemist said:

lol

is the dash board before or after the main menu?
i am sure if the wii banner bricked you couldn't get to it though.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
GhostSonic said:
wolffangalchemist said:
madtamski said:
wolffangalchemist said:

lol

is the dash board before or after the main menu?
i am sure if the wii banner bricked you couldn't get to it though.
It's before the main menu.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
This has already been accomplished by Dashboard. I know the thread is getting long and information is few and far between, but please read the thread completely or do a quick google search with "gbatemp cSM " to find relavent information in this thread. or just the search button.

Dashboard is full brick protection provided you never do an official nintendo update (this would overwrite dashboard and you would have to reinstall, defeating the purpose of the update). If you would like to update to the newest firmware (system menu) version as they become available, i will always update cSM atleast a day or two after the update's release, so just be patient in that case.

Dashboard also allows you to boot directly into any title in NAND (channels, such as HBC), and load dol's through your network. Elf support was also added in yesterday.

Fors

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
wolffangalchemist said:
This has already been accomplished by Dashboard. I know the thread is getting long and information is few and far between, but please read the thread completely or do a quick google search with "gbatemp cSM " to find relavent information in this thread. or just the search button.

Dashboard is full brick protection provided you never do an official nintendo update (this would overwrite dashboard and you would have to reinstall, defeating the purpose of the update). If you would like to update to the newest firmware (system menu) version as they become available, i will always update cSM atleast a day or two after the update's release, so just be patient in that case.

Dashboard also allows you to boot directly into any title in NAND (channels, such as HBC), and load dol's through your network. Elf support was also added in yesterday.

Fors
ah cool thanks for the update and can't wait for cSM it's gonna be great good luck to you and its future development.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
would it be possible to integrate a method to install ioses from sd(wad or 0000000001), gamedisc update partition or via wifi and to patch the signing bug in during the installation. there are a couple of patchmii clones out there which can accomplish that task and it would be great to have that feature in cSM.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
what about running VC and WW games from SD card, oviously the SD card would need a special formatting, but cant you just redirect the wii to the SD device? or have a "swap" dashboard for the SD card.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don't think that playing vc or ww titles from sd card will be implemented by nintendo in any way. exactly because of that reason we are talking about: piracy.

the only thing i can think of what could be implemented is a on the fly copy and play feature. i think of placing all available vc and ww titels as banner in the system menu, even if they are located on the sd-card. if a title which is located on sd is selected, the wii will copy files from nand to sd to make room for the title that is loaded from sd into the nand and started afterwards.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
i don't think that playing vc or ww titles from sd card will be implemented by nintendo in any way. exactly because of that reason we are talking about: piracy.

the only thing i can think of what could be implemented is a on the fly copy and play feature. i think of placing all available vc and ww titels as banner in the system menu, even if they are located on the sd-card. if a title which is located on sd is selected, the wii will copy files from nand to sd to make room for the title that is loaded from sd into the nand and started afterwards.
That's what they did for World Tour, it would copy it to the Wii system memory to play it then delete it. So that seems reasonable, except for the ridiculous transfer rate.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes i think he does. in my eyes the last update 3.4 was a preparation for the on the fly copy stuff i described above. sd transfer rate was increased with that update. i don't know how much, maybe somebody should test that.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly it would just be easier to allow nintendo to accomplish this and then update csm to that firmware (the sd on the fly thing). As far as passwording certain things, i'll add it to the list, it may not be possible.

Screemer said:
would it be possible to integrate a method to install ioses from sd(wad or 0000000001), gamedisc update partition or via wifi and to patch the signing bug in during the installation. there are a couple of patchmii clones out there which can accomplish that task and it would be great to have that feature in cSM.
Yeah I can implement this, but I dont think adding it to Dashboard would be the ideal location for it. At the moment i've written my own IOS downgrader and implemented it into cSM installer...i dunno, maybe i'll just write a separate utility to do it, i want to try and keep dashboard small to maximize load time.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This is sounding more perfect each time you post Fors! Keep up the good work. It sure does pay to see someone respects their fans as certain ones don't. Hopefully that wasn't a fake youtube about the crediar starlet thing w/ the custom image at the front. This will all be some magic of the gathering type shit!
biggrin.gif

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if i really missed something but i'm dead curious as to how you bricked 2 Wii's? Obviously developing this but what actually went wrong or just a pointer to the page with the info please
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1