Critical help needed.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Blaze163, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Blaze163
    OP

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I got a bit of a problem here. My netbook has died. It starts booting Windows then has a seizure, claims there's a problem but won't say exactly what (it gives me a very long list of numbers that make no sense to me if I disable auto-restart to read that blue screen), then tries again, and loops endlessly. I've tried all the options from the menu, like Safe Mode and 'last settings known to work' and they do the same thing. How do I fix this? I need to gain access, however temporary, to the files stored on that system so I can recover some VERY important files. IE: Novels I've been working on for nearly a decade.

It's an E-Machines Atom N270, 1GB RAM, 160GB memory, the bare bones basics. I need it up and running by the end of the weekend as I need it for work. Please help. I'm desperate here and taking it to the repair shops will cost me a year's wages.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Sounds like something got corrupted in your windows install. The only thing I could really recommend is putting a live Linux CD on a USB stick and launching that to salvage the important files, then reinstall windows.

1 person likes this.
  3. Blaze163
    OP

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Sounds like a good idea. Will give it a try and report back. Cheers :)

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Give us the error codes?

5. Blaze163
    OP

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    Will go one better and upload a vid showing the full extent of the issue.