Creating wbfs files

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by moozer, May 21, 2013.

1. moozer
    OP

moozer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2010
    Here..underneath the big arrow
    Hi all,

Not sure where I'm to post this but...

My Wii was introduced to a dose of water and now the disc drive will not read game discs. It works perfectly well otherwise and I can play games using a HDD, but is it possible to create WBFS files or ISO files from the original disc using a PC? I want to do this for all of my original discs.

If so, what do I need?

Thanks

2. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    I'm sorry to say, but as far as I know it is pretty hard to read a Wii disc on a PC drive. It would be much easier to get the games from somewhere in the internet (although that is probably illegal), or rip them with the Wii of a friend.
    As for the conversion when you have images of you have images, you can convert them with wit (http://wit.wiimm.de/) or if you want to have a graphical front end, any wbfs manager should do. But I don't know any as I like to use command line tools like wit, so I never used one of the managers. But there should be enough people here that can recommend you one.

3. moozer
    OP

moozer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2010
    Here..underneath the big arrow
    I've read somewhere that only specific PC DVD drives will read Wii discs. Not sure which though. Looks like I'll have to get a new drive for the Wii - it is opening and closing but not spinning.

4. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Yeah you need a very specific drive to read Wii discs on a PC. I think there were something like 1 or 2 models that are known to read them.
    I think a new Wii drive could be cheaper to get. If you don't anybody with a softmoded Wii the lets you copy your discs.