Creating Wad Channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Gooby, Jan 20, 2011.

Jan 20, 2011

Creating Wad Channels by Gooby at 4:02 AM (884 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gooby
    OP

Newcomer Gooby Newbie

Australia
    Hi everyone. I've been parading my eyes around these forums the last few days trying to understand the concept of soft modding a nintendo Wii.
    I had someone do it for me previously but I'm now out of contact with them and I was hoping I could have a helping hand with a situation I'm facing. (I searched and couldn't specifically find what I'm after.)

I have a large amount of games saved onto my external HDD, but for easy access I wanted to create channels for the few 'mostly played' games. I hooked the HDD up to my computer and converted the .iso's into .wad's and placed them in the "wad" folder in the SD card. I managed to create the channels, but my problem is that they work in the configurable USB loader, but when I try to load them in the newly made channels the screen goes black for roughly about 5 seconds and then goes to a blue screen saying something like Error Code #002 or something a rather as well as a bunch of other wording.

I was wondering if anyone could please help me out with this situation.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]
    -James

2. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    some questions though i think its more of a misunderstanding honestly. 1. do you mean you converted iso2wbfs? or used the pc app wad2iso for WW/VC games?

The best program to make WiiMenu Game Shortcuts is called "Crap" found here (http://www.wiidewii.com/index.php?25) I find WiiFlow loads games a little faster then CFG however CFG loader is still a good choice [​IMG] If you use WiiFlow you just have to select WiiFlow under forwarder options and no need to set anything else cause this uses the setting under that usb loader. If you use CFG you will need to set which drive the game is on whether it's FAT32,WBFS or what not; unless you want to force any other setting you can leave the other setting out cause it will use the usb loader setting.

You can do a batch conversion by dragging and dropping multiple ISO or WBFS games and either save into wad or do a WiFi Installation [​IMG]

Im off for the night so will check back in the morning to see what is up and if you need any help GL.

3. Gooby
    OP

Newcomer Gooby Newbie

Australia
    UPDATE: Okay so I download the 'Crap' program and used that after deleting the old channels I'd made. I then put the new channels on and instead I get a black screen that says
    "ERROR : WBFS has no partition. Install a partition and put some games on"
    Or something of that nature.
    So I'll throw a question out into the air - does the .wad file have to be on the same device as the actual game? So for example if I have the game on the HDD, does the wad have to be on there as well?

4. kylster

United States
    no, they do not need to be in the same folder. What format is the hdd in which you keep your games WBFS or FAT32? Fat32 works with Crap but if im not mistaken you just need to specify a wbfs drive when making channels. i was assuming you were storing all your games on a FAT32 hdd which then the 1st directions should be effective.

5. Gooby
    OP

Newcomer Gooby Newbie

Australia
    The games stored on the HDD are WBFS.
    I've also tried crap 3.3b, loadstructor and yaulct 1.2 but to no avail.

6. kylster

United States
    I'm sorry i cannot help you I was never able to succed with loadstructor. Possibly try out the uLoader forwarder in crap [​IMG] as a last try. If it does not work i would recommend you switching to a FAT32 drive.

Not sure if you knew this but you can convert .iso games into .wbfs which is the same as having them on a WBFS formatted hdd but only FAT32 compatibile [​IMG]