Creating NNID on N3DS 9.9?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JaxxBlaxx, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Is it possible to create a NNID on a N3DS with firmware version 9.9.0? I have Browserhax and Menuhax, and wanted to try downloading Ironfall from the old Eshop version, but since I've never made a NNID, is it possible to create one at this point? Thanks! :)

2. grubgrub

grubgrub GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2015
    New Zealand
    You could try to create a NNID from system settings.

3. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    But I tried creating from system settings, and a message asking to update showed up instead...

4. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Sorry buddy, but the changes to NNID log in a month or so ago made it impossible to sign into one (or, by extension, set one up) by implementing a new system check. On sign-in attempt, the server polls the system for the currently installed version of the NVer title, and if the response is less than the version listed on the server it aborts the attempt and tells the system to prompt the user to update.

There are two ways around the check at this time. You can install the update via the internet (a cartridge update will not work as it does not update NVer), or you can install the latest version of the NVer title itself. Since cia installation at this time requires 9.2 or lower, you are limited to simply installing the update via the internet.

The good news is browserhax, menuhax and ninjhax all work with 10.3.0-28X, so you do not lose anything over what you have now. In addition once on 10.3 you can even make use of ironhax again. Even better, the newly announced memchunkhax2 will work on 10.3 as well, so even if you update you can still downgrade once it is implemented.

Of course you could just wait for it or snshax to finish being implemented and use them to downgrade to 9.2 as well.

5. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the answer! I guess I'll wait for now, and create a NNID after downgrading ^_^

6. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    Hmm, you can update right now to 10.3 as quick as possible. Create NNID and use eShop as usual. I think menuhax still works using the themeshufflehax and browserhax works too.

Don't wait too long and just update now to 10.3, use it normally while you can and don't update any further. There is a huge possibilty for more exploits coming soon for upto 10.3 that allows CFW to work again.

Maybe you can wait until someone more knowledgeable provides a way to setup NNID on your current 9.9 firmware.

Last edited by Just3DS, Jan 3, 2016
  7. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Shot in the dark, but is there any chance that you can launch the Nintendo Network ID settings via HANS?

8. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    Nope.

Well, you might be able to launch it, idk. But if your installed NVer has a version less than 448 then it will fail to sign in and ask you to update.

9. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
  10. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the link! If by any chance I *managed* to downgrade, would creating a NNID be possible though or only linking an existing NNID be possibe?

11. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

Apr 14, 2015
    United States
    As far as I know, if you can get to 9.2 and set up an emunand, then update said emunand to 9.5 and install the -28X NVer, you SHOULD be able to set up an emunand.

12. JaxxBlaxx
    OP

JaxxBlaxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Alright! Thanks for the help!