Creating\modifying a forwarder\channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JoshuaEpling, Nov 11, 2011.

Nov 11, 2011
  1. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    I was wondering is there way to create a channel\forwarder that displays the game you have in your drive, just like the disc channel does, and set the channel to forward to you disc backup launcher i.e. neogamma. I have a neogamma channel to forward to it, but I was wanting to either modify it to display the game in the drive or create one that displays the game and forwards to neogamma.

2. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    If you know how to program, it's possible.
    You could look how the neogamma code reads the game name from the disc.
    You can use the code of another forwarder to start neogamma with the game as command line parameter.
    If your homebrew is working, you simply use it as a channel application and install the wad.

You won't be able to display it in the system menu, the way the disc channel shows annimation when a disc is inserted.

3. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know how to program, I'd like to learn. I'm a stay at home dad/husband and my hobbies keep me entertained when my son is asleep and chilling w/ my wife or just wanna make something.

I assume it identifies a game with the game id, never displays the name, but shows the game id which I figure is unique to every game. I wonder if the Wii does the same thing. I don't know but a thought.

What do you mean
    ?

That is what I was kinda what wanting to achieve the way the disc channel displays animations for games on system menu & on channel banners, but for backup disc loader channel\forwarders.

I figure the animation is stored on the disc and is somehow display through the disc channel. If that were the case, maybe the same could be achieved for backup disc loaders.

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Keep in mind that the Disc Channel isn't actually a channel, it's part of the System Menu.

5. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    uneek + di comes close to that.
    If you select a game, it show the animation in the original disc channel. You can start your game from there as well.