PS1/2 Creating Backups

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi there, I've got a little problem that needs solving. I've owned a copy of "Gundam Battle Assault 3" for a while now and as such the disk has been through some rough handling. It's got a lot of scratches on it so I'm looking to make a back up of it by burning the ISO onto another CD.

I'm using Nero 10 on my Dell Laptop to burn the ISO to CD rather than to DVD because the data is small (and the fact that if I try to burn it onto a DVD, Nero denies it altogether and tells me to put in a CD instead). I've burned the data around 3 times, all on different CDs (Sony, Maxwell and Memorex) but the back up does not run on my modded PS2. I've burned at the option of x10 and x16 speed although a friend tells me it should be ideally at x12 speed.

The problem's odd because I have not had any issues creating back ups of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories and some Shin Megami Tensei games, so I'd really appreciate some help on this. Am I doing something wrong?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What color is the bottom side of the original disc? If it's not silver, then it's really a CD game. How is your ps2 modded? Some modchips require you to do something differently for CD games, like holding reset for 3 seconds on startup. If the ps2 is "only" softmodded, then CD games won't work from CD, but you can patch them to dvd games somehow.

jinnpan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using FMCB with ESR then you need to convert the the CD ISO into a DVD ISO
Use google to look for a tutorial.
If you are using a modchip, then download IMGBurn
Create a .BIN & .CUE IMAGE and burn at the lowest speed possible.
Also, use JVC [Made in JAPAN] or Verbatim DataLifePlus [Make sure it has the AZO logo printed on the label] which are the best CD-R media.

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
jinnpan said:
If you are using FMCB with ESR then you need to convert the the CD ISO into a DVD ISO
Use google to look for a tutorial.
If you are using a modchip, then download IMGBurn
Create a .BIN & .CUE IMAGE and burn at the lowest speed possible.
Also, use JVC [Made in JAPAN] or Verbatim DataLifePlus [Make sure it has the AZO logo printed on the label] which are the best CD-R media.

PS2 consoles are modded when you purchase them here, so I'm not really sure about what kind of "modding" has been done. I'd appreciate it if you could help me with this by providing some steps or details since I'm not a very tech savy person
tongue.gif

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Is your .iso fine? I'm not sure why you even have an .iso though, since Gundam Battle Assault 3 is a CD game and as such should've been ripped to .bin/.cue instead.

dart91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Bitbyte said:
If you download it, you'll find it in .bin/.cue form since it's a CD. Just burn the .cue to a CD with ImgBurn and it should work.

All I got was a .iso Disc Image File. I'll try burning it with Imgburn and let you know how it turns out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended