Crashing on curl_easy_setup?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by QuarkTheAwesome, Mar 4, 2016.

1. QuarkTheAwesome
    OP

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Hey everyone!

I'm writing a little program for the WiiU and it needs to grab some files with cURL (similar to what the ELF loader does) It's all going well, up until the call to curl_easy_setup - where the system crashes. The majority of the cURL code (basically everything but the write callback) is copied from the ELF loader, so it should work, but it just doesn't. I'd really appreciate any help you guys have because I'm watching the exact same code working fine for someone else, just not for me!

Code:
    The Code
    Yeah, as you can tell, it's basically all the same as the ELF loader. I'm running a 5.5.1 WiiU using libstagefright and self-hosting the ELF loader which then loads my program (~50k). I can run most other userspace homebrews just fine.
    Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've been thinking about it and it might be because I'm running out of RAM? Don't hold me to that.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome, Mar 4, 2016
  2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, I would definitely give the thread more memory, I ran into the same problem and bumping it up fixed everything