Crashes at select locations in games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StarTrekVoyager, Aug 13, 2017.

1. StarTrekVoyager
    OP

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Hello,
    I create this thread because, for the second time, I have a game freezing at a select location and forcing me to reboot. The first one was Ridge Racer 3D which triggered an ARM11 exception each time I selected carrier mode, and that with three different ROMs. The second time was just five minutes ago. I just downloaded Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed;, played the game, and it keeps freezing, with garbage on the screen, at the exact same place in the second race in Carrier mode. Of course, the games shouldn't be acting like this, so I wonder if Luma3DS is causing these crashes, that's why I put this thread here. Can you guys help me? I retried 3 times and the game keeps freezing at the same point while it shouldn't.

I run Luma3DS 8.1.1 stable from B9S 1.2, on a New Nintendo 3DS XL running SysNAND version 11.5.0-38E.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    First, have you tried using a different SD card?
    Second, are these games the same region as your 3DS?

3. StarTrekVoyager
    OP

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    First, no, because I don't have any other SD card and I never had any problems before. I even formatted it 3 weeks ago.
    Second, yes, the games were EUR, my console is EUR.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    In the Luma3DS configuration settings, disable ARM11 exception handlers. What happens in these games after you do that?

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I know the cause. Certain games have to have the n3ds clock and L2 settings turned off. All stars will crash when the vehicle transforms with those turned on (which they are on by default with Luma).

Quantumcat and Lacius like this.
  6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    @StarTrekVoyager Make sure the only setting turned on in the Luma3DS configuration settings is “Show NAND or user string in System Settings” when you're troubleshooting issues.

7. StarTrekVoyager
    OP

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Thank you a lot, I suspected that was that. Also the results were the same w/o exception handlers, but I guess I'll have to disable Clock+L2 :P

8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    With the latest Luma Rosalina will automatically set it to on. You have to disable in Rosalina.

Lacius likes this.