Hacking Crap 3.3 and vWii

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a quick rummage around, and I can't find any information at all regarding compatability with this.
I'm wanting to install my most used games as channels directly in the vWii menu. Obviously one of the key things being said is "Don't install Wii WADs on vWii." Because of that, I've been doing a bit of digging.

http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....r-forwarder-channels-compatible-with-the-vWii

Obviously there is this, which seems to be fairly solid based on some quick searches. However, I have not seen a single instance of this being used with Crap, so I have no idea if it will work or not.

So can anyone help me here - Is it possible at all to use Crap on vWii to make games into their own channels?
Thanks!

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is a great question. I've been wondering the same thing. Can anyone confirm if this is possible on vWii, and if so, how it's done?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use WIIGSC it is an updated version of CRAP. You will have to use the convert2vwii after you make your channel wad. Do not make a channel for mario part 9 or a boy and his blob. Those two games will brick your wii or vwii.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use WIIGSC it is an updated version of CRAP. You will have to use the convert2vwii after you make your channel wad. Do not make a channel for mario part 9 or a boy and his blob. Those two games will brick your wii or vwii.

Any idea why those two games will brick a system?

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. And you've personally installed games on your vWii? Just double checking to be certain. It makes sense that you just create a Wii forwarder (check on a Wii with Bootmii to make sure it's not a bannerbrick) then use convert2vwii, just like a normal forwarder, but you can never be too sure.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed a few games using usbloadergx as the loader. If you use the default loader it does not require you to have anything else installed. If using usbloadergx as the loader it boots usbloader first and then auto boots the game using your usbloadergx settings. I think that is kind of a plus. You don't have to worry about pal and ntsc issues because you can force video modes.

Mario party 9 and a boy and have blob have invalid banners and cause a banner brick. WIIGSC will not let you make channels for this game. I tested all of my wads on my wii before installing to vwii.

iShrekt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if anybody still pays attention to this thread, but I'm having trouble to get this to work, I'm a bit nooby to this, but here are my steps:

1. make the wad with WiiGSC. (I select USBLoader GX Forwarder as my loader, as that is from what I load my games)
2. convert the wad with convert2vwii on a windows 7 laptop
3. install the wad with MultiModManager 13.4, iOS 236 selected.
4. open the channel and it crashes into a black screen.

I've tested it with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New super mario bros and mario kart wii but when I load the channel, blackscreen.

Any help would be appreciated on this late post XD

I'm on a pal wii btw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1