SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have noticed of late that anything I play in Windows Media Player is very crackly. Not usually a problem as I can instead use a decent media player and have no issues, but I downloaded a show from the BBC iPlayer and it has DRM, so AFAIK it will only play in Windows Media Player (its a .WMV video). So does anyone know about this problem and how to fix it? Or another media player that can play DRM'd WMV videos?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sounds like the codec used that might have problems. Is it every music/video file that has audio problems or just those in specific formats?

Also, try Zoom Player. Plays just about everything, and has a lil manager to help you download the latest codecs.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is all audio and video files, and they play just fine in any other player, which implies to me its not codec related...

And I doubt Zoom Player can handle DRM files, but I'll check it out anyway. Thanks.

(I have resorted to streaming the programme with iPlayer, which is a bit sucky on my connection, but it'll have to do. Need my Dr Who fix now
tongue.gif
)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I know Zoom Player has been hit-and-miss in the past when it comes down to DRM, but for the last year or so it's played everything I've thrown at it. I've even started to use VLC far less often because I've not had any problems at all with the recent versions of Zoom Player.

Speaking of Dr Who, I happened to watch it a couple hours ago. I completely forgot it was on yesterday.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
I know Zoom Player has been hit-and-miss in the past when it comes down to DRM, but for the last year or so it's played everything I've thrown at it. I've even started to use VLC far less often because I've not had any problems at all with the recent versions of Zoom Player.

Speaking of Dr Who, I happened to watch it a couple hours ago. I completely forgot it was on yesterday.
Maybe you actually saw it and just forgot...
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
Why can't you just play it with the BBC iplayer program?
Because I downloaded the Windows Media Player version, not the iPlayer Desktop version. (The iPlayer Desktop download links took longer to appear so I clicked the other one first. Then after it had downloaded, remembered about this problem. Then I tried to use iPlayer Desktop, in case it could play the file I downloaded, but it couldn't. That's probably what I'll be doing in future though.

QUOTE(OmegaVesko @ May 2 2011, 01:48 PM) If it's a normal WMV file, just play it in another player.
It's not, it has DRM. As I have mentioned in at least three separate posts in the thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...