Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the light shone upon Vinny Sylveon reached up to touch him. Just as the Sylveon touched Vinny, an Espeon burst through the door, his cheeks filled with cherry pie. The Espeon went up to Vinny and kissed him. Suddenly the door busts open and a shadowy figure rushes in sweeping Vinny up and carrying the beautiful Umbreon away.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone cares, this is how I figured it out (assuming that it's correct).
I needed to use hints 1 and 2 together. I have no clue how someone could get it with just the first.
BSVDHQ = the 49th word = figure
W88UH = Vinny
The only thing the words figure and Vinny have in common is the letter I.
The common letter in those two cipher words is H. H = I.
Since I is being used, that means the one letter word "1" = A.
88 is obviously NN.
At this point I started hardcore guessing.
The most common letter in the English alphabet is E. The most common in the cipher is B. B = E.
One of the letters SVDQ had to be "U". There was a 2 letter word "RV" so V had to be U. I was the last vowel and was either L or 5 since those are the last letters unused in a two letter word. L was the only letter that showed up in words with no other vowels, so L = O.
I didn't know what order the F,G,R from or Y were in, so I just tried every combination until things made sense.
Then I started hardcore guessing even harder, and had to rely on my word scramble skills at the end. I don't actually know how everything was scrambled. I basically brute forced it.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I needed to use hints 1 and 2 together. I have no clue how someone could get it with just the first.
W88UH = Vinny
88 is obviously NN.
The most common letter in the English alphabet is E. The most common in the cipher is B. B = E.
One of the letters SVDQ had to be "U". There was a 2 letter word "RV" so V had to be U. I was the last vowel and was either L or 5 since those are the last letters unused in a two letter word. L was the only letter that showed up in words with no other vowels, so L = O.
I didn't know what order the F,G,R from or Y were in, so I just tried every combination until things made sense.
Then I started hardcore guessing even harder, and had to rely on my word scramble skills at the end. I don't actually know how everything was scrambled. I basically brute forced it.
Your pretty good. The formula is to reverse the last 3 letters and move them to the beginning. For 2 and 3 letter words they are just backwards. So for example, the word vinny becomes viynn the last 3 letters are moved to beginning, making it ynnvi it's then put through the code making it W88UH. I was pretty sure that the second hint would be enough to Crack its but I didn't th8nk anyone would. Therefore, you did a very good job.

And for your reward, do you have a PayPal? You just made 10 bucks.

Reactions: Games&Stuff

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many moons ago, there was another cipher game on this site. I tried to figure it out, but it was too difficult for me, and someone else won. Seeing this thread reminded me of my past failure, and I wanted to win to make up for that loss. I wasn't going to just let some cipher game beat me twice. I guess you can call it a twisted form of revenge.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many moons ago, there was another cipher game on this site. I tried to figure it out, but it was too difficult for me, and someone else won. Seeing this thread reminded me of my past failure, and I wanted to win to make up for that loss. I wasn't going to just let some cipher game beat me twice. I guess you can call it a twisted form of revenge.
And you conquered it. I'll still give you the reward if you want.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you solve it?
W88UH = Vinny
88 is obviously NN.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up