Gaming cr5400 adapter question

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up 2 of the cr5400 adapters from Amazon for me and a friend. Both cards work however his psp will not format his card its claiming its not there. Ive used both in mine and his memory cards are okay. The difference is he is running a clean psp updated to 6.35 and Im not. Any ideas?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes they don't work so well in Slim PSP's. Do you both have the same model of console?

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Sometimes they don't work so well in Slim PSP's. Do you both have the same model of console?

Yeah they are both 1000's. Sorry should have mentioned that as well. He just always updated his and mine sat unused for quite some time.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well firmware won't change whether the hardware itself works or not on the PSP. Darkway suggested that problems may be a contact issue, requiring a sliver of paper behind the stick to lift it up to the contacts.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Well firmware won't change whether the hardware itself works or not on the PSP. Darkway suggested that problems may be a contact issue, requiring a sliver of paper behind the stick to lift it up to the contacts.

gave this a try and no luck. I took it back from him and gonna try my single slot adapter.

QUOTE(YeeHaH @ Dec 10 2010, 12:38 AM) quite a few of these adapters are faulty. many clones getting around and very cheap

It works just fine in my psp

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If it makes any difference to you i bought a CR 5400 that refuses to work in either of the PSP 2000's i own but is fine in my 1000.

They're erratic memory sticks...

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've gone through three of these things, I can say without a doubt that they absolutely do not stand up to heavy usage. By heavy usage, I mean I was traveling a lot and using my PSP for heavy video playback, Killed all three cards in less than two weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans