TehRageQuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am Gryffen, And I am here asking about some hardware help,

I have a broken down piece of crap stock Coolmaster CPU heatsink and fan, and as of lately it is literally breaking, its missing 2 fins from the fan, and I need to replace it, it is time for me to replace it,

The one I was thinking about getting is From NewEgg. But I know nothing about Hydro Bearing fans and things like that, I don't know if I need any thing else to buy with it when upgrading from a sleeve or ball bearing fan.

My computer is relatively old and if you could help me find one that would work well, the Heatsink and Fan needs to be for LGA775 and preferably be PWM and with shipping it to Ontario should come to about $45 maximum.

Thank you very much, and have a good day.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

This. The newer EVO has limited LGA 775 support, but the Plus doesn't. Trust me, this cooler was and still is good. (Disregard your previous experience, the only air coolers that outclass it are the Noctua DH-14 and the EVO, its successor.)
This. It's a cooler worth $80 that's selling for $30. To give you an idea of its capability, people take the infamously hot 3rd Gen i7s, slap this baby on, and overclock with safe thermal headroom.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. It's a cooler worth $80 that's selling for $30. To give you an idea of its capability, people take the infamously hot 3rd Gen i7s, slap this baby on, and overclock with safe thermal headroom.

Only downside is how huge it is, but that's only a problem if you have RAM with huge fins/heatspreaders.
Anyway, normally I'd rec an EVO, but it's hard to get one with LGA775 compatibility in NA.

TehRageQuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally find that Hyper 212 series is overhyped. Don't get me wrong it is a very good cooler around the price but the bundled fan sucks. If you can find other comparable cooler from Xigamatek or NZXT (maybe even Sunbeam twister) around the same price go for them.

Anyway, what OP apparently need is a low profile "C tower" cooler, but with fan flipped upside down.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for one that Blows air outward away from the CPU there is a vent in my case directly across from the CPU.
Pic of my case.
Hmmm... your case looks as tiny and useless as my old one.
Not only do vertical-style air coolers interrupt the case's airflow, but they aren't too common. Not that you have a choice.
I know you really want to salvage this PC, but it'll be hard to cool an LGA 775 part with your restrictive case.

TehRageQuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the help, It actually fit with a small fraction of room to spare. My stock one was crap, Average Fan speed was around 1400-2500 and only kept the CPU under 60*c and was broken so it was loud as all hell, but this one keeps my CPU cooled like crazy, It idle is around 29-35*c and when gaming its around 35-45*c.

Thanks for the help, You all are awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D