Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
J8son said:
..in referring to the Theme folder, I was referring to the coverflow view at the bottom. I just feel it had a nicer feel when the lower screen was lighter. I was under the assumption we are unable to skin the bottom screen?

In colours.ini you can set the colours for the text and the gradient. There are three colours in the gradient, a top, middle and bottom colour.

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Feb 23 2010, 04:45 PM) As spinal doesn't responce I might make alternative loader.nds

Please do. I had used the loader.nds method so that other people could make loaders as they did with moonshell, yet nobody has taken up the challenge.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I don't know if it has been said due to the mass amount of comments, but wouldn't it be smart to make a small server/website that hosts the cover images for the games you want to add covers for, then you can just snag them through a Sync function on the DScovered PC app? Obviously, it'd take some time to build such a server, but there are also game cover image hosters like VGBoxArt.

This may have been posted before, and you may already know it, but you can find many DS covers right here, a useful link for any of your backuped/pirated games.

dark.boy.6687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The tutorial a few pages back doesn't work for me. All it does when I load a ROM is that it goes back to YSMenu.
mellow.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dark.boy.6687 said:
The tutorial a few pages back doesn't work for me. All it does when I load a ROM is that it goes back to YSMenu.
mellow.gif
delete the old save game and try again. It should then create a new one.

J8son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, out of curiosity, what's intended for the "Settings" & "Information" menus? Is this something that's in the works that may or may not be implemented in the future?

Again, awesome app! Well done!
yaywii.gif

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How come the loader creates a new save game?
Is there a way to make it not create a new save game and just use the current?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoobiE said:
I have tried everything to try and use the old R4 (512) saves. Nothing seems to work. The interesting thing is they work if I use YSmenu on it's own but refuse to work with loader.nds. I have also tried every conversion with Shunny's online converter but so far nothing.

A new loader might help. Unfortunatly, I am to thick to attempt that one.
mellow.gif

Edit: One thing I havn't had a chance to try yet is to run ysmenu.nds through r4crypt but leave it as file name ysmenu.nds. I'll try it later and see if the old saves work afterwards. The only other thing that might work is to find a conversion from R4 saves to DSTT.

WoobiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Mantis45: Good luck with it. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I never even thought about conversions of any of that stuff. I'm probably too stupid to even think of it.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't seem to be able to run DScovery anymore. It used to work now it gives me an Unhandled Exception error, Illegal Characters in path.

Any ideas?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
WoobiE said:
I have tried everything to try and use the old R4 (512) saves. Nothing seems to work. The interesting thing is they work if I use YSmenu on it's own but refuse to work with loader.nds. I have also tried every conversion with Shunny's online converter but so far nothing.

mellow.gif

Edit: One thing I havn't had a chance to try yet is to run ysmenu.nds through r4crypt but leave it as file name ysmenu.nds. I'll try it later and see if the old saves work afterwards. The only other thing that might work is to find a conversion from R4 saves to DSTT.
I think the problem is when we use dscovered on the R4 it is running YSMenu.nds which has only had a DLDI patch run on it. When we run YSMenu as a standalone on the R4 it has been DLDI patched and then encrypted with r4crypt.exe so it will autorun as _DS_MENU.DAT, it is only then that it will recognise the old R4 saves.

So far I have been unable to find a workaround for this.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Mantis41 said:
WoobiE said:

mellow.gif

I think the problem is when we use dscovered on the R4 it is running YSMenu.nds which has only had a DLDI patch run on it. When we run YSMenu as a standalone on the R4 it has been DLDI patched and then encrypted with r4crypt.exe so it will autorun as _DS_MENU.DAT, it is only then that it will recognise the old R4 saves.

So far I have been unable to find a workaround for this.
have you tried, after encrypting the ysmenu.nds into _DS_MENU.DAT, to use your file explorer and rename the _DS_MENU.DAT to Ysmenu.nds? that way it would still be encryted as _DS_MENU.DAT but would work as a loader.nds. i think that is what you were trying to say before

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
have you tried, after encrypting the ysmenu.nds into _DS_MENU.DAT, to use your file explorer and rename the _DS_MENU.DAT to Ysmenu.nds? that way it would still be encryted as _DS_MENU.DAT but would work as a loader.nds. i think that is what you were trying to say before
encrypted ysmenu.nds fails to load through Dscovered.

I am out of ideas. Only one of my saves actually works the others are all treated as corrupted and overwritten.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol