Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone elses wii just resetting from the HBC or forwarder when trying to run Coverfloader 1.0????

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
TheGlade said:
pepxl said:
anyone elses wii just resetting from the HBC or forwarder when trying to run Coverfloader 1.0????
See http://code.google.com/p/wiicoverflow/issues/detail?id=317 for a possible solution.

thanks for theat i forgot all about google code
yaypsp.gif

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few things, when going from 3D to 2D and straight back to 3D the Wii freezes
Also i had all my covers, i scrolled through all good then iscrolled again and i was missing some covers, weired, so i hit download it downloaded the missing 5 covers, but originally they were all there
I installed the wad channel, not the forwarder

My Wii Rev13a, wininkoko-4.0e, 2 gig sandisk sd

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TheOnlyOneHeFears said:
Demo video as promised
smile.gif

I'll add annotations at some point, I'm going out now, just managed to get the video uploaded before haha

Great work as always guys!
grog.gif

Thanks! Hope Nullkill will upload the video to the homepage
biggrin.gif

cu_shane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been debated plenty, but I'd like to throw in another vote for adding support for hermes cios 222. Per issue 112 on the wiki you won't be doing this; however, only hermes cios 222 can detect my usb hard drive so I can only use loaders that support it.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
so to get this 1.0 to work i have to delete my usb-loader(even tho its used by another loader) folder from the sd card, then download the covers using the loader itsself to get it to work without resetting the wii at the "Threading Images" bit?. what about ppl without wifi on there wii's?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there a benefit to the channel over the channel forwarder? is it faster/smoother/better looking to boot from the wii menu or are they the same?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nando said:
is there a benefit to the channel over the channel forwarder? is it faster/smoother/better looking to boot from the wii menu or are they the same?
http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...oads/forwarders

Scroll down, read, learn, and next time, search. And yes, even if it's for GX, this also "works" for that Forwarder, at least the main points (forget about the Auto-Updating Stuff).

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
nando said:
http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...oads/forwarders

Scroll down, read, learn, and next time, search. And yes, even if it's for GX, this also "works" for that Forwarder, at least the main points (forget about the Auto-Updating Stuff).

i did search and my god did i search. thank you.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I was wondering if people could let me know what games work fine with ver 1 and did they have to change the settings, all of my games work with RC7 but it takes different settings to get them all to work, wondering if those settings will be the same in ver 1, Took me ages to test all my games on RC7 and dont really want to go through the whole process again with V1.

Thanks

have checked and not all the same settings work on V1 - Nightmare! still a great Loader though, will stick with RC7

YONKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
excellent loader my favorite........

one question about version 1.0

is there a option to change the way when you see the back of the cover (in full cover mode) instead of flipping to the back to turn on its own axis like in older versions???

rutny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neardark said:
Hi I was wondering if people could let me know what games work fine with ver 1 and did they have to change the settings, all of my games work with RC7 but it takes different settings to get them all to work, wondering if those settings will be the same in ver 1, Took me ages to test all my games on RC7 and dont really want to go through the whole process again with V1.

Thanks

have checked and not all the same settings work on V1 - Nightmare! still a great Loader though, will stick with RC7

Interesting you just posted about the settings as I was just doing so myself. I have just over 200 games on my hdd and have spent roughly 3 hours now getting all the settings just right (am only halfway through so far)
Now I found something oddly peculiar with mine. I was using a combination of 2 sets of settings. Either Vid Patch on, Force NTSC, and Game Fix-error_02....OR Vid Patch on and Force NTSC. Either of the 2 setting combinations have worked for 99.9% of the games tested so far.

This is what is peculiar...using two different setting combos, I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right each time...on the first try(bit of a pain in the arse if it is wrong has I have to do a hard reboot on the Wii) Anyway, I began noticing that I was VERY seldom getting it right the first time. The law of averages should have given me a better than 2% first shot success rate. Now I thought to myself "Self...somethings amiss here". So they next four games I tested I entered one of the 2 combos and it failed first time. Now after rebooting the Wii, I go back to coverfloader and play the game again (this time not touching a thing...so I was expecting another fail)
Well I'll be damned - they didn't fail..not 1 of the 4. They all started up flawlessly. So it seems as though no matter what setting I use, is going to fail, but after rebooting it will work fine....how odd is that (Now, this didnt change anything with newer games people are having issues with..sadly I have gotten few of those to work)
Anyway, I have cIOS rev13b with 3.2U menu and coverfloader V1

Complaining...no ...I got the things to work...but the part of my brain that likes to figure something out when it makes no sense..is absolutely stumped.

RolloS60

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rutny said:
neardark said:
... wondering if those settings will be the same in ver 1, Took me ages to test all my games on RC7 and dont really want to go through the whole process again with V1. ...have checked and not all the same settings work on V1 - Nightmare! still a great Loader though, will stick with RC7

....I was using a combination of 2 sets of settings. Either Vid Patch on, Force NTSC, and Game Fix-error_02....OR Vid Patch on and Force NTSC. Either of the 2 setting combinations have worked for 99.9% of the games tested so far.
Anyway, I have cIOS rev13b with 3.2U menu and coverfloader V1

@neardark
Since r679 (Jun 23, 2009) the settings weren't changed.

@rutny
With cIOS 13b you should choose 'none' or 'Anti_002' as game fix. Error_002 works for cIOS rev7 or cIOS rev13a

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:
Can someone explain how Ocarina works on this?
It doesn't. you now put text codes in a folder called txtcodes in usb-loader and you can enable them within the loader. Much better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...