Couples and Tech

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person here, that enjoys having identical devices with my significant other? From a Tech POV (because I do work in IT) It's good to have a second device around on which I can observe different usage traits. That said, there's something cute about using the same device as your S.O. but, with slight differences that compliment her or his style. For example. My wife and I both use the LG Stylo 2 as our daily smartphone driver and the Chromebook Flip for personal computing. I try to make my Stylo 2 and C.B. Flip close to "Google Standard" while my wife just doesn't care about the vanilla Google experience. It's an interesting observation and it also makes troubleshooting her phone a "PITA". In the end, It's that same cheesy feeling that i guess old school couples would get from wearing matching sweaters lol. I know I'm tipsy while typing this but I cant be the only person here that has the same experience with devices lol.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
We do not enjoy as much in our couple.
Pretty much, I manage to get shit working, and she will be happy,
In fact, I'm the tech person, and she just likes what works. As long as it's doing what it's intended to do, no problem will arise.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, I'm the tech person, and she just likes what works. As long as it's doing what it's intended to do, no problem will arise.

lol I know that feeling. I try to teach my wife some things to do when she gets into a technical jam but I always end up saving the day.

Reactions: VinsCool

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much same thing here. She wants something that just works, I want cool shit that's neat as fuck.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the_difference.png

If you know a location where I might readily meet fun loving ladies of the rightmost persuasion then I am all ears. Worse still is the philosophy of my people, "don't turn it on, take it apart", is socially and even legally dubious in many locations.

Pending that day though then no, especially as nobody enjoys the old junk I usually nurse along for years. There might be some merit though as it means I might actually stock and be able to justify stocking spare parts, certainly is the same philosophy used when outfitting a fleet.

Reactions: VinsCool

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I would go crazy if I had to use the same tech that my boyfriend does. It's an adorable concept, but I'm very particular. He's got a G-sync monitor with a TN panel for performance, I've got an IPS panel for the pretty looks. He uses an HTC something or other, and I am a 100% dyed in the wool Apple fan. He's got a gaming laptop heavier than I can lift; I want to buy a super thin netbook. I used a N3DS XL, he's got the smaller N3DS. It's kinda hilarious how many differences there are.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well me and my waifu share the same devices i think its really cute :wub:

single but wouldn't care tbh

I would go nuts if I had to share a device with my wife. Having the same device is one thing but sharing just creates a mess. I don't mind sharing the Wii U in the sense that she gets to have a profile on it and it stays in the living room. Even with the Wii U, we still tend to split things off into "His and Her". If you look at our controller shelf for the Wii U, the very top is the game pad followed by Princess Peach (mine) and Yoshi (her's) PDP Fight Pads, followed by Peach and Yoshi Wii Remotes with matching Nunchuck, followed by a classic controller for each person and at the bottom of the shelf, Peach and Yoshi themed Wii Wheels.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I used to inherit my boyfriend's old phones but it just recently switched and I got to have the new one and he inherited my old one, when he decided finally he couldn't stand android anymore and wanted to go back to iPhone so I suggested I get a new iPhone 6 and give him my iPhone 5S. He uses Macs, he has an apple mini as his main computer and an old iMac which he upgraded from but still keeps around. I use a surface pro. And of course I play Nintendo hand-helds and he plays no video games whatsoever. So, we share none of the same tech.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: OK I guess.