Couple questions regarding RAID and HD

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
agreed with kiljaeden. a future proof graphics card would be a 9 series card, due in march.

and no, the G92 based 8800GTS is better than both the GT and GTX at resolutions lower than 1900x1200.

bang for buck at monitor sizes 19" or lower, the GT is better. but anything above that the 8800GTS G92 is better.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not planning on gaming on resolutions higher then 1900x1200.
The reviews says that it is better at higher resolutions, but I'm not planning to game at that resolution
tongue.gif

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
K, I'll get the GTS card then.
I'll prolly buy a 600Watt PSU then, so the total price is a bit the same.

Does the GTS use more watt then the GT?

And hows the cooling of the GTS? Because I saw some problems with that on Google.

How much PSU do I need now?

And my processor has no built in FAN, so will my ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro cool it enough?

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
the GT and GTS power consumption is very similar, as they use the same core architecture.
it's a dual slot design, which means bigger fan and heatsink, which means it runs cooler and quieter than the GT's single slot design.
so no, there will be no issues with cooling.

as previous posts said, the wattage doesn't really count. from the site which you are ordering from, look for an OCZ StealthXStream or GameXstream. they are the best quality PSU's around for the price.

also, the arctic freezer 7 SHOULD come with a fan. if it doesn't, then you'll need to find out what size fans it takes and buy one seperately. it'll probably be 12cm (120mm).

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would seriously consider the Geforce 9000 series which is due out soon. It will be the second generation of DX10, and it'll be the second generation of 65nm technology. (Or is that 45nm. I can't remember.)

If you can, grab a second hand 7900GT for the meantime and then get a 9000 series.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would seriously consider the Geforce 9000 series which is due out soon. It will be the second generation of DX10, and it'll be the second generation of 65nm technology. (Or is that 45nm. I can't remember.)

If you can, grab a second hand 7900GT for the meantime and then get a 9000 series.

I cant wait any longer, its been over 1 year since I gamed in Oblivion and CoD2, and I cant amuse me anymore with AoE II and UT 2004
tongue.gif

@mojoex, thanks so much for all your help!

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
the 9 series is 65nm.

Satangel, if you must get one asap then you best go with the best performer anyway, which is the GTS.

hope the build goes well for you!

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm gonna order the PC tomorrow, and this is gonna be the build:

ASUS EN8800GTS/HTDP/512M (PCI-E, 512MB DDR3, TV-Out, Dual DVI)
SAMSUNG SH-S203 20x DVD+/-RW 8x DL 12x DVD-RAM S-ATA
Corsair 4096MB DDR2 XMS6400, Heat spreader EPP (2x2048MB)
ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro (Intel 775)
SAMSUNG SpinPoint 500GB (HD501LJ, 7200RPM, SATA-II, 16MB) x2
OCZ StealthXStream 600W + 120mm Blue fan
INTEL Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Socket 775, 2.4GHz, FSB1066, 2x4MB Cache, Tray, No FAN)
ASUS P5E s775,2xPCIe,ATX,X38,DDR2,GLAN
Cooler Master Elite 330
LOGITECH MX518 Gaming-Grade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon